We’re Off To See The Wiggles, The Wonderful Wiggles From Oz

We’re Off To See The Wiggles, The Wonderful Wiggles From Oz

November 5, 2005

Heading Out To The Show
Originally uploaded by the big yellow house.

A decade ago if you had told me that I would be spending my Friday night going to a Wiggles show, I would not have believed it.

A decade ago if you had told me that I would be looking forward to it, I would have laughed.

A decade ago if you told me that I wouldn’t want to spend my Friday evening any other way, I would have called you crazy.

A decade ago I could not have known that seeing my child’s eyes light up at the sight of four grown men dressed in colored shirts, singing insipid songs, and overacting would fill me with such joy.

A decade ago I could not have imagined that the happiness of my child would matter so much.

Comments

1. Kate says:

Hope you had fun at the wiggles. you are a wonderful mom!

2. impromptu-mom says:

Enjoy! Enjoy! You lucky girl, you!

Hope everyone had fun!

3. Michelle says:

i’m from OZ and i have seen the wiggles and i thought they were great!!! hope u enjoyed :)

Have fun! So which one do you have a crush on? ;)

5. novaks8 says:

crazy ain’t it?

Amber likes feathersword…she saw them in Alabama this summer and had a blast (she is 18 lol)

I like the tall red haired one.

6. Cyndy says:

I did this too and felt the same way as you. Actually my favorite part was that Greg seemed overweight and old (much like myself) and by the end of the show was soaking wet and looked like he wanted to vomit (much like myself if I had to dance for an hour.) I felt an unnatural bond with the guy.

7. halloweenlover says:

Awww, Chris, I hope you had a fantabulous time! And the kiddos too!

8. lucylocket says:

I’m a Grammie and sometimes I just can’t get “Hot Potato” out of my head.

9. jason berggren says:

No way! I…I mean MY KIDS love the Wiggles. We’re going to see them Nov. 22. We even bought the Hot Potato seats so they will get an awesome gift bag!!!

10. B.E.C.K. says:

Ah, the Wiggles. My son doesn’t actually like to watch the show, but we have a Wiggles guitar and microphone that play various song-snippets and he loves to sing along. Luckily I don’t mind the cute, bubblegum-pop-sounding music unless the kiddo plays the same snippet 50 times in a row. Then even my teensy crush on Anthony can’t stop me from hiding the Wiggles toys for a while. :-)

11. Kristen says:

I know what you mean about finding yourself amazed at how much your kids’ happiness matters, and how much it changes your life and outlook. It is truly amazing. Just found your blog through dotmoms and I love it.

12. Chris says:

jason,

We got the gift bags too!And then as we were leaving they told us that the Wiggles love Motts applesauce and apple juice so we got samples of those too. Which was great seeing how we were parched from all that singing ;-)