Schizophrenic Weather

Monday:
Making a snow angel

Sunday:

Chalk

Monday:

Snowmen Cry Red Tears

Is it any wonder that I am crazy?

Comments

1. Jordana says:

It’s a wonder you’re managing to maintain any appearance of sanity, when the weather changes like that. You do manage to present a blog appearance of some level of sanity though. So keep it up. :)

2. Erin says:

Great pics! I’m in the northeast so I’m feelin’ it too. Looks lovely out right now…global warming isn’t so bad afterall.

3. Flutter says:

It gets crazy like that here one day 60 degrees the next day 20! What the heck! Make up your mind mother nature!

4. halloweenlover says:

Ugh, I already said on my blog, but all my plants are confused too! I have rhododendrums blooming, tulips peeking out of the group, buds forming! I can’t take it! That flowers coming up in late April is one of the few things I can tolerate about those gloomy rainy days and now this weather will spoil them! ACK!

I will be going crazy along with you.

5. kim says:

that happened here, too, spring weather one day, winter the next … And with a large family it gets hard to keep all the shoes, sandals, boots, jackets, raincoats, winter coats AND snowpants nearby, as I’m sure you’re aware!

6. halloweenlover says:

out of the ground. Tulips peeking out of the ground. See? Going crazy.

Wake me when it’s June.

8. JeepGirl says:

We have the same thing going on in Wisconsin. Crazy isn’t it. I remember, as a kid, having so much snow that all we did was shovel. There were mounds of snow taller than I was. We just don’t get that much anymore.

I just LOVE those tights. My daughter used to wear those all the time. She loved to wear dresses. Now I have to fight to get her to wear anything but bluejeans.

9. Stephanie says:

The Midwest feels your pain too! :O)

10. Jody says:

The weather has been nuts.

You guys make it look fun no matter what the weather!

11. Paisley says:

oooooh I wanted tights like that SO BADLY when I was little. Lucky girl!!!

It was 80 here on Christmas. Now that’s just wrong!

12. wordgirl says:

Not just crazy…it’s a wonder you’re not ill, given the fluctating weather.

13. Jessica says:

That is how it is here in Indiana. They always say” If you do not like the weather give it 20 minutes and it will change”

14. Jenni says:

Actually, schizophrenia is an inability to distinguish between reality and fantasy. What your weather seems to be suffering from is multiple-personality disorder, or, at the very least, bipolarism.

I knew you would want to know.

15. Jurgen Nation says:

That is so Michigan. Raining and 30, sunny and 50, snowing and 3. Mother Nature, dammit! How am I supposed to dress for this weather?

Perfect post, btw.

16. Kristin says:

Lovely pictures! The weather has been back and forth here, too, though even on our coldest days we only joke about getting snow.

17. chris says:

i can live with the weather when it’s like that- it’s the LAUNDRY that kills me when it’s like that!

18. Chris says:

Jenni,

This is one definition of schizophrenia :

situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate qualities

Also, I think if I had titled my post Bi-polar Weather it just wouldn’t have the same ring. Schizophrenic just sounds like a crazy word to me.

Just so you know ;-)

19. Jenni says:

But my dear Chris! You don’t have snow COEXISTING with sunshiney warmth…now THAT would be schizophrenic.

I’m just bugging you so you’ll come read my latest blog entry. It’s about figs.

20. Sleeping Mommy says:

I’d love some snow even if for a little bit. Instead we get stuck with grey overcast days and nothing to show for it.

21. Lauren says:

22. Mom2the5rs says:

Our Weather is pretty consistant…we just had 33 straight days of RAIN! Yes, I am from Seattle.

23. WriteWingNut says:

So weird that as I read this, a freakin’ thunderstorm just whipped up out of nowhere. Lightning, thunder, winds like a tornado is coming…in the middle of winter! The wind was so strong, it blew a brick off of our bbq (that was holding the cover on). If I never comment here again, it’s because we all blew away, lol.

24. "D" says:

no, it’s no wonder that your crazy… but the more blogs I read, the more I realize that we are ALL crazy!

25. owlhaven says:

So THAT”S why your son wanted to eat the snowman’s eyes! I couldn’t tell in yesterday’[s picture that they were mints!
    Mary

26. Chris says:

owlhaven,

if you click on the picture it brings you to my flickr account, the pictures are bigger there. There are also close ups of the poor red eyed snowman ;-)

27. rachel says:

at least i’m not the only one going crazy with this weather!

i forgot to buy new boots this year; you know all the snow will melt by the time the lands end overstocks boots get here next week.

28. Anonymous says:

child mental health can be a devastating disease that affects millions of individuals and families. Find the right child mental health program for yourself or a loved. It will be the first day of the rest of their or your life.

You can get more assistance at http://www.healthlistings.com .

29. Anonymous says:

Mental health issues can be a devastating disease that affects millions of individuals and families. Find the right mental health los angeles program for yourself or a loved. It will be the first day of the rest of their or your life.

You can get more assistance at http://www.healthlistings.com .