Because I Can’t Leave Those Posts Up At The Top

Because I Can’t Leave Those Posts Up At The Top

March 10, 2006

It was one of those days when I hoped I wouldn’t get into a car accident while we were out. Not because of the obvious who wants to be in a car crash ever reason, but because shortly before we had to leave the house my daughter got her hands on the paints yet again and painted all over her legs, arms, stomach,and face, as well as the baby’s arms , legs, stomach, and face.

Since we were pressed for time I just put their clothes on on top of the body decoration. I looked like I was lugging around two demented midget clowns. Prompting me to sing in a morose voice, “Send in the clowns… don’t bother they’re here” over and over again.

And then I put my son in pink socks. But really why should pink scalloped edged socks just be for girls? He likes the little flowers embroidered on the ankles.

As for me, I was wearing a pair of low waisted pants and realized after we had left the house that when I sat down the back of my underwear rose above the waistline of my pants, exposing about two inches of underwear between my pants and shirt. Me so sexy.

My overwhelming thought as I drove away was that I hope I don’t have a car accident today. I could only imagine I’d end up with a bed neighboring my mother’s.

Comments

1. Whinger says:

Everyone should wear pink socks.

Everyone.

2. Flutter says:

The Pink socks are good for him!

Your daughter is so creative!

3. kalisah says:

Yikes! That’s always the day that you run into someone you know (or, the car in front of you).

4. The Green Family says:

oh yeah…the granny panty look with low rise jeans is sooo happening!

5. Gigglin' And Screamin' says:

Wow! I have been reading all of the posts I’ve missed for like the past week and I’d like to comment on each one, but that’s too much work so I’ll put it here. You totally made me feel better on that post about the things people say when you have a lot of kids. I’ve heard a few of those, but some of them are horrible! I don’t know how you don’t get bitter. It’s hard for me. My children come home after hearing stuff people say and ask,”Mommy are we a burden?” So that’s when I get mad! Somehow people think that you’re stupid and that your children have less worth when you have more than two! But alas! I am like you and can not seem to be rude back. I can think plenty of things in my mind that would mutilate them emotionally, but I’m not that mean. Oh well. I can’t seem to e-mail you. My computer won’t stick the address in so I am reduced to leaving comments only, but I long to reach out to you after reading your blogs on your Mom. We have soo much like that going on! Well, if you visit my site I have an e-mail link on there, if you get a chance. I have a lot more I wish I could say, but I don’t want to take up too much room. Thanks for sharing these wonderful blogs!

6. Erin says:

Pink used to be a boy’s color 100 years ago since its a watered down version of red, which is a really strong color.

7. Kristen says:

I just found your blog. This post is funny. I read the two previous ones as well and just want to tell you I’m sorry about what you are going through with your Mom. I don’t know you but I feel for you.

8. Erin-erin-bo-berin says:

Can I just let you know how grateful I am not to be the only one who feels this way? And I have only three children, though at times, they demand as much attention as a dozen preschoolers… I am so glad to have found your blog, and I visit everyday, seeking assurance that I am not alone!

9. Erika says:

You just rock on, and pink will be good for his fortitude.

10. aka meritt says:

I was sporting a pants and underwear set like that yesterday!!!

My pants were low rise khaki’s and I had BLACK underwear. LOL. Know how I handled it? I wore a black shirt. That way I hoped that when my pants rode down and my shirt rode up they would blend and no one would notice. Hee hee.

11. Citizen Mom says:

HA HA HA! I think every mom has had one of those days! Laughing here reminiscing of mine.

12. Mrs. G. says:

Hey! All the hip guys walk around with a good one to two inches of their underwear (okay, boxers) showing. Seems only fair that we gals should be able to also! And why can’t designers make a flattering pair of jeans that don’t go dangerously low in the back when you bend or sit? My kids cover their eyes when I squat down to pick up a toy. I am happy to report, that longer t-shirts which actually go below the waistline are showing up in the shops. Thank God, because in the last year or two, I have seen more back fat and belly flop (on women young and old)than I ever wanted! Curse you, Brittany Spears, for ever starting that trend!

13. deputyswife says:

Hey, you could have been wearing a thong…

I took my boys fabric shopping with me tonight. Since the last time I was at this store, they had turned half of it into an antique shop. I almost had a corinary trying to keep the baby out of stuff!

14. novaks8 says:

Pink is the IT color for men and boys now!
    We were in a nice department store last weekend and there were SO MANY pink shirts I couldn’t believe it!

HA on the paint thing. My 2 year old does that too.
    Markers, pens, paint, whatever she can find.

15. Amah says:

My 2 yr old twin boys absolutely LOVE to color and/or write all over themselves too. Usually on Sunday morning right after their baths - when I’m bathing the babies - for church. The Pastor and friends there just come to see what the kids have done now. I know we make their weeks’ when we show up, pass around the babies and boys - and our 3 yo girl is just so much a Diva that everyone gets a huge kick out of her too. And I always make sure I have a real long T-shirt for the new pants. Of course, I’m old and gots lots of back fat and belly flop to hide HEEE HEEEE!!! And proud to have lived long enough to have it.
    Love your post - Amah-mamma to 5, Amah-Grandma to 9, step grandma to 2.

16. meredith says:

I once drove my car home from college in my pyjamas, and got a flat tire on the interstate, and had to get out and ask for help.

17. S'te says:

I think we all have days like this, unfortunatly!

But hey at least your low riders showed your underwear instead of your crack!

I bought a pair of maternity pants MATERNITY, put them on (should have tried them on in the store but who has time!) and went out the door. THe first time I bent down I realized that they were low rider maternity pants (now who really makes low rider maternity pants?) and I felt air on my crack! Oh the plumber’s look, the pregnant plumbers look!! YUCK!

18. Jen says:

Sure it wasn’t Monday? Yikes.

19. Amah says:

My child has chided me for leaving her out of my previous post. So for the post above this one - please add MOMMY to a beautiful, intellegent grown daughter who has a large family of her own, so she reads and posts comments on this site also (she has a shortcut on her blog - that’s how I found this to start with).

Signing as Mommy to 2, Amah-mama to 5, Amah-grandma to 9, step grandma to 2. (I’ve been parenting for over 30 years!!!!)

20. nextcommercial says:

Why are there no pictures of the body art?

21. Anonymous says:

I really like your dodge related blog site. I have a dodge related web site at dodge. If you’re into dodge. You will want to check it out.