Hump Day Thoughts
March 22, 2006
1) Those post verification random letters that you must type in on some people’s blogs have caused me to think that I am dyslexic because I can never get it right on the first try. Even when I concentrate REALLY hard. Or maybe I need glasses.
2) My five year old is sicker. But he isn’t sick enough to just lay on the couch and watch television. He is sick enough to whine and complain and make us all feel his pain. Alternating with periods of running around playing, screaming temper tantrums, and demanding ginger ale.
And while I do feel bad for him, there is a limit to the number of times I can lovingly stroke his head, murmuring comforting words, while he coughs in my face. I am only human.
I wish that someone would invent an at home strep test, like a home pregnancy test. Because this running to the doctors with everyone, including healthy children, is going to kill me. because, allow me to say it again, I am only human.
3) We finally joined netflix. Yes, I know. I’m always late to the party. The keg has gotten warm and there are no more plastic cups left. But hey, at least I finally made it.
4) How many women watching American Idol last night (yes, I admit that we watch this show, how many family friendly tv shows are there out there?) fell in love with Chris Daugherty when he sang Walk The Line for his wife.
5) Miles bit me while nursing the other day and my boob still hurts. I think I have a clogged milk duct. I will resist dealing with it like I did the last time. I know I need to stop talking about my boobs. But my life is just that exciting that there is little else to talk about, unless you’d like to hear about how I am going to call the library today and renew our books. Yeah, I didn’t think so.
6) Do I need some sort of conclusion to tie this post all up? Because I have none. The End.
Updated to add:
Thanks to k in kc, from the comments, I googled at home strep tests and lo and behold there is an at home strep test kit. here
Much, much, much cheaper than a visit to the doctor. Not to mention the germ free environment of my own home (::snort::) and the saving of my precious little sanity.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: