Easter Weekend In Photos

Easter Weekend In Photos

April 17, 2006

All the Eggs

And no, it doesn’t wash off.

The Colored Hands

What holiday would be complete without baseball?

100_3483

Or dancing?

100_3510

And what easter basket would be complete without whoopie cushions and redneck teeth?

Redneck teeth

And no holiday is complete in this family without me spending lots of time making something only to have it go untouched by my husband’s family, most likely because it doesn’t contain Velveeta or corn flakes or cool whip or some other non-food food.

Easter Bread

Unfortunately there are no photos of the sugar frenzy and resulting sugar comas the children experienced, because nothing says holiday quite like that.

Comments

1. onetallmomma says:

My house is littered with green paper grass, empty plastic eggs and much mud. Even the dog ate enough candy to last him until the next big sugar blow-out. Wait, would that be Halloween? Oh, Yeah! 6 months of (relative)peace…

2. Lori Ann says:

Wow, it was sunny in your neck of the woods? We had rain and hail. Nothing like an egg hunt in the family room!
    I think your easter bread looks yummy!

3. Meg says:

I’m really beginning to think that something in my childhood was amiss. I never got redneck teeth in MY Easter basket.

4. kalisah says:

wow, that’s a lot of….green and blue eggs. Where’s the pink? The yellow? Not enough girls dying I guess.

5. Denise says:

Yum! That Easter bread is making me hungry! Your eggs look great! So, how long does it take for the dye to leave one’s skin? I made the kids wear plastic gloves.

I know what you mean about in-laws not eating your food. When we lived in Georgia (BEFORE I cut ties with them), I would cook and NOT one of them would eat. I’m a great cook, I make nearly everything from scratch. I think that they turned their noses to it because they were raised on pre-cooked and packages foods. Nothing wrong with those types of food…in moderation.

6. Lisa says:

Well, I’m impressed with the bread ring. Dh’s relatives want to order pizza when they come here (and stay in a hotel) so I too know where my cooking ranks with them. The whoopee cushions are stocking stuffers silly, the flarp (fart making goo) is for Easter baskets.

7. Anonymous says:

Chris, I always look forward to the holiday photos that you post! What a bunch of cuties that you have!!!!
    tammie

8. Mom2the5rs says:

Chris, we did the Redneck teeth, too. We call them Bubba teeth. My beautifully dressed children wore theirs to church. An appropriate accessory in their estimation. The bread looked beautiful.

Jules

9. Kristen says:

I was lazy this year - no egg dying for us. We got some plastic ones that we decorated with stickers. Ugh. It makes me sick just typing that.

Your house, yard, and kids all look gorgeous!

10. Deb says:

Amen sista…..same thing, different disaster over at our house!

11. Rachel says:

I love the braided bread ring, even if your husband’s family wouldn’t touch it. Looks great! :)

12. wendy says:

Ha! Love the redneck teeth and basket hat! :-)
    Wendy (from Flippin’ Sweet)

13. Erin-erin-bo-berin says:

Beautiful child…even with the redneck teeth! I was glad there was no school today, as my daughters are sleeping off the sugar hangover.

14. Mel says:

What!? No Velveeta!? The horrors!

15. The Green Family says:

The kids looked so cute and that bread wreath thingy was awesome…I’m jealous!
    By the way…you have been tagged!

16. InterstellarLass says:

I’m just glad my kids never wanted to dye eggs. Wow!

I LOVE the bread ring!! I just made my easter bread into a loaf after trying to get grandma’s recipie to work -8 times!!!!!! She wasn’t around to help me fix it (she passed 8 years ago)

BTW - I have been “stalking” you for months! I love reading your blog!

Yummy, homemade bread! Happy Easter!

19. Tuesday Girl says:

I have never seen a egg ring like that before! My in-laws only like greasy friend things. yuk.

20. Jordana says:

I was such the slacker. The baskets were small and filled with stuff my MIL had sent, so I didn’t have to go shopping and then I “forgot” to dye eggs. How sad.

21. Maddy says:

Happy Easter to you and yours, I know your children had a ball you can read it all over their faces, arms, chin ….. lol

22. Nettie says:

Of course they didn’t eat it. It’s too pretty! (From another lurker who loves your blog!)

23. Ficklechick says:

Your family sounds just like mine! I swear, the harder they see that I work to prepare a meal, the bigger the “ewww” face when I serve it.

24. Ms. Mamma says:

OMG! Gorgeous bread, sista! I guess you should have hung it on the door as a festive accent. You mean you d’int make twelve different salads highlighting Miracle Whip or Mayo with added bacon or broccoli or cashews?! I guess that’s just not a holiday then. ;* JK

25. owlhaven says:

Love the twirly picture!

Mary, mom to many

26. kristal says:

LMAO… I *just* finished sending my Easter pics to flickr and noticed how many of them included fake teeth. Then I showed up here and realized I am not alone! hahahahaha

bad teeth

27. halloweenlover says:

Love the pictures! Your daughter looks adorable dancing!

Happy Easter! That bread looks delicious!

28. Chris Moonbeams says:

Hi there, I was surfing the internet and I found your blog. I like the way how this all works. I’ll come by again.

Many thanks,