shortly before he went home and ate two huge stinky bowls full

shortly before he went home and ate two huge stinky bowls full

July 10, 2006

Rob (to 3 yr old): No, you are not buying junk from the snack bar. You have had enough snacks. Mommy is going to bring you home soon for dinner. What are you doing for dinner, by the way?

Chris: I made chili. It is cooking in the crock pot at home while we are here. I am the model of housewife efficiency.

Rob: Oh, when I stopped home before heading to the field I wondered what that stink was in the house.

Chris: What?

Rob
: I looked around the kitchen to see if the garbage needed to be taken out or something. I couldn’t figure it out.

Chris: Couldn’t figure out the stink?

Rob: No. But now I know. I feel better.

Chris: That’s funny, because I don’t.

Rob: Why?

Chris: In what world is stink a compliment?

Rob: What should I have said?

Chris: I don’t know, but any word other than stink would have to be an improvement.

Rob
: I meant it in a good way, honestly.

Chris
: Asshole. And I mean that in a good way, honestly.

Comments

1. Lazy Cow says:

Stench always does it for me as in: “What’s that stench you’re wearing?” when referring to my perfume.

2. bluepaintred says:

I am sitting here in utter agony, reading your post, i got to this : Asshole. And I mean that in a good way, honestly, And I laughed so hard I cried. Honestly ,tears im going to take more advil, you made me hurt , but in a good ( ???) way LOL

thanks for the smile

3. Zookeeper says:

This is such a classic example of why women are the the superior gender and why men are idiots…and I mean that in a good way.

4. Contrary says:

He’s smooth, that one. I’m not sure how he stayed out of trouble long enough to knock you up 7 times, though.

5. Pastormac's Ann says:

Yup,

Nothing motivates the cook like someone (a son) walking into the kitchen announcing, “What smells disgusting?” Yup.

6. Mary says:

hahaha

Just when we were starting to picture Rob as THE PERFECT MAN.

I would have refused to let him eat any! Asshole…

8. Meg says:

Laughing at the fact that every time I make broccoli, no matter how good it is (and Sophia loves it, so I make it a lot), the house smells like King Kong took a massive dump in my garbage can for the rest of the day. Chili should have “an appetizing aroma” rather than a “stink” if Rob is looking for alternative phrasings…

9. ben says:

Am I the only one laughing about the fact that he looked around the kitchen for The Stink and couldn’t find the crock pot?

(thank God I’m not the only male that does that sort of thing. But I never would have said “stink”)

10. cheeriobutt says:

Ha! Ha! I love this! Boy does he sound like my man! I’m sure you tortured him for this the rest of the day right? I do! It makes my life far more fun!

11. M&Co. says:

My BoyChild calles my perfume my “smelly stuff.” Though I think he really does mean it in the best sense of the word.

12. Amy says:

I laughed so hard I had to wipe the tears before writing… I love it! And he ate two bowls full?!

13. Maddy says:

“what’s that?” is often how my children and husband ask what is for dinner. I try very hard not to answer sarcastically …. “roast chicken, isn’t if obvious?”. Sigh.

14. taffi says:

I make a crockpot lasagna that’s normally delicious. One day, it was disgusting - the noodles were both mushy and slimy. I picked out the meat and cheese, but DH ate it all. He even took some with him to work for lunch the next day. I emailed him and effectively told him he was a brave man, and was the lasagna any better the next day? His response was on par with Rob’s… “I didn’t think it was too bad. I must be used to your cooking or something.” Yeah. Love ya too.

15. liz says:

I can’t believe he actually got any dinner after that.

This is why my husband cooks. However, I am smart enough not to make comments on dinner before it’s cooked!!!

17. dawn says:

I am laughing so hard and loud Buddy just got up to look at the computer screen to see what the Heck I am laughing about! My DH’s little nickname from me is asshole too! As I was reading this conversation it just sounded soooo much like me and DH! Thank you for the laugh!

18. EK says:

ROFLMAO! This is seriously my husband. I attempted to make an odd dish one day (okay tuna on pizza - ew, I know) but DH entered the house and said, “What smells like poop?”
    POOP!? He has NO tact whatsoever with me, never - says it as he thinks. I am the dumping ground for who he really is, and I am supposed to be glad :-)

He reads an article about being a better mate -and does he get introspective on how HE CAN IMPROVE? No, he tells me ABOUT what the perfect mate/mother/wife in the article has done, sacrificially to renew and rejuvenate (sp) her marriage.

I say asshole sometimes, and hate that I do -but sheesh…

19. Lara Gallagher says:

Who’s looking for compliments? I’m just happy if everyone chokes down their food without complaining. A real compliment would feel like Mother’s Day. Except that I don’t get them then either~!