One More Day

One More Day

July 25, 2006

How do you deal with time management? How do you find that 5 mins in the day for each of them? How do you stop saying “I’ll help you in a minute?/ I’ll be there in a minute/ I’d love to play Snakes and Ladders… in a minute” Do you get it all done in a day? Do I sound like a bad parent? Because sometimes I wonder.

I answer these questions from a reader on my new blog today.

And I know that everyone is sick of me mentioning it, but I am packing my suitcase. Insert a high pitched squeal and imagine me jumping up and down.

Also I have to go to the DMV. My driver’s license expired 15 months ago and I have been putting it off in my typical procrastinating fashion. So that should be fun.

Comments

1. Jurgen Nation says:

I will see you tomorrow afternoon, lady!! I can’t wait! We’ve got two frozen beverages with umbrellas with our names on them.

2. Jurgen Nation says:

(And then times that two by eleventy million and that will take us to, oh…about Friday night?

3. Danielle says:

15 months!!!! You are insane. I am also a procrastinator but come on. 15 months!!!

I hope you blog while you are at blogher. Not all of us can go and would love to read some drunken blogs. Have fun.

4. cristin in NJ says:

heh, only 7 months late on my inspection sticker, this time, and the license is actually good until Monday. Been there.
    Have a great trip

5. Sherri W says:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when your license is expired, usually the DMV makes you retake the driver’s test again…ask me how I know…

6. Daisy says:

15 months? Is that a record? I can’t wait to read your post about the renewal process.

7. InterstellarLass says:

I’m also going to the DMV. For a name change. I hope the line is short.

8. Caren says:

The tag on my car has been expired since February. Everytime a cop pulls out behind me I have to turn off at the next street, gas station, etc. It is getting old. Maybe I should just go get a new tag. Hmmm…I’ll have to think about that one.

9. Fold My Laundry Please says:

I moved away from Arizona in 2003 and still have yet to get a driver’s license here in Idaho. Luckily, my Arizona license doesn’t expire until 2035 when I turn 60 (insane, isn’t it?), so I’m not entirely mocking the law. Now my husband and I are talking about moving again, so I don’t think I’ll be rushing off to the DMV just yet. Besides, I figure I’ve got about 29 more years before I really have to worry about it! :)

For further evidence of my irresponsibility in informing authority figures of my whereabouts, I’ve moved to three different addresses here in town and still haven’t updated my current address with my bank!

10. Michele says:

It will be even more fun at the DMV if you bring your kids with….. at least fun for us reading about it!

11. Sheryl says: