Ramblin’ like a shut-in

Ramblin’ like a shut-in

July 27, 2006

I was going to type up a post about arriving in San Jose and meeting these fabulous women. But other people have already done it.

So I’ll send you here to see a picture of Mir and I as we starved on the plane but bravely kept smiling. Also note the man in the photo with the headphones, I think he put them on to drown out our endless talking and laughing.

And then
here
to read about the pre Blogher margarita drinking party. I had one and couldn’t figure outhow to work the ethernet connection in my hotel room last night. I’m not sure how other people were able to function at all.

And finally here to read a summary, with photos, of the evening.

And this morning I met the fabulous Stacy and Kris after they called me in the morning to say hello and I demanded that they give me their complimentary coffee creamer and sugar, since they don’t drink coffee. They are so young that apparently they can thrive of the elixir of their youth and not caffeine.

And now it is 12:30 eastern time, which is MY time, but only 9:30 california time. And we are headed out for breakfast. Though with the lack of sleep and time difference it feels like we have again been starved for the day and should be heading out to dinner. And a nap.

Definitely a nap.

Comments

1. Y says:

You know, I’m TOTALLY going to beg you to let me use your computer. AND YOU WILL LET ME USE YOUR COMPUTER!

I’m jealous you’re there already.

2. Kate says:

Have a great vacation!

I wish I was there sounds like everyone is having a blast!

3. JustLinda says:

Wow! An elixer of NOT CAFFEINE. Those were the days, huh??

Have a blast. I’ll not go to the linked sites because I don’t want to see what I’m missing. I just want some senior blogger to take pity on me, adopt me, and drag me along with her next year. I’d even be willing to give her my sweet-n-lows and stir-sticks.

4. alice says:

I saw your pictures! You are so beautiful and skinny. I want to know your secrets for having seven kids and looking so good. And don’t tell me it’s just chasing the around. I have four and I need help! LOL Have a great time on your trip.

The next time you see Mir, will you give her a HUGE smooch from me? PLEASE?

6. leatitia says:

Exciting!!!! Everybody seems so friendly and fun! (Btw, you look really amazing.)

7. Meg says:

So jealous - you look great and like it was fun. Maybe I’ll go next time. If you can drag me onto the plane, that is…

Okay naptime’s over! We need updates! Or I’ll start jumping on the bed…

9. Jordana says:

I’m so very envious! I hope you continue to have a fabulous time.

10. Cheryl says:

Wake Up! Wake Up! We need a new post - please, please, pretty please……..;)

11. Lianna says:

I hope you have a fun time here in San Jose. I’ve actually been a reader for a bit, and I found it really cool that you’re here where I live. LOL There’s actually a news article about the BlogHer conference in the San Jose Mercury….