in the trenches of Disney World

in the trenches of Disney World

August 14, 2006

The third part in my Disney World series is up over at my other blog. Ten Eleven Tips you don’t want to miss out on.

Such as alternate uses for the rain poncho, like suffucating your tantruming toddler into submission.*

wrapped in plastic

Come back later as I am going to go grocery shopping this morning. You know you want to hear all about it. How I bought bread and milk… and maybe even some watermelon. I may even try that new fangled self check out. I know…CRAZY! Such is the thrilling life I lead and so generously share with all of you.

*(do I have to write that I am joking and he was actually taking the poncho off of her? probably, sigh.)

Comments

1. Kimmie says:

I refuse to use the self-checkout. I worked at Krogers for 5 years and at Kmart for 2. I must be waited on….. :0P

2. Novaks8 says:

Always add the disclaimer!

3. Mom101 says:

That Disney guide is so smart. I was expecting it to be jokey but you actually have good suggestions!

Here’s one more for ya: On hot days, the characters are only allowed out for a very very short period of time. You have to stalk them, grab them right as they’re coming out of wardrobe into the park or they’ll be gone, leaving your sobbing, no autograph-getting kid in their wake.

4. Erin says:

NO to self-checkout. Let someone do something for you for a change.

5. menoblog says:

I love the self check out, as i means i can avoid interacting with a human. Of course i hate grocery shopping so much that i go everyday, so i usually only have a few things.

6. Beth says:

Self-checkout is good in theory (esp. if you have only one item), but it usually takes us longer to do it that way than it does to have a checker do it. All that fumbling and “Mommy, can I help??” Ugh. ;^)

You totally had to explain the photo. I could feel people out there about to write you nasty comments. Do I need to explain that I wasn’t one of those people? :)

8. Christina says:

I anxiously await the news from the grocery store! It is a chore I have never loved, fortunately my husband is well trained, I can give him a list and a kid and he’ll do it for me, only works when he’s around but still :)

So are you saying I should NOT use the rain poncho as a tantrum deterrent?

Duly noted.

10. Gillian says:

Bread AND milk at the same time! I never would have dared. You are hott.

11. rachel says:

er, so I shouldn’t really duct tape their mouths closed either, then?

and hey - I got to go grocery shopping ALL BY MYSELF yesterday! wow. it was amazing. I spent about half what I normally would (and got about half the food, but still). It was so peaceful. I will have to contrast that with how the trip goes tomorrow or wednesday to pick up the other things we need with the kids. No milk or bread though. meat, fruit, and veggies.

The first thing I am going to get when I get rich (HA!) is somebody to do the grocery shopping for me and putting up the groceries for me. I would rather clean house. And I would really rather not do that either. ;)
    I am also enjoying your tips on Disney.

13. Mocha says:

Yep. It’s true. I totally want to be you. ;-)

14. Kris says:

Oh, Chris, that picture is hysterical, as was you post above it. Thanks again for the laughs.

15. Caryn says:

Self-checkouts aren’t too scary, as long as you have half a brain, which I believe you do. Most people who visit our town, a big tourist destination, seem to be lacking their brains, as the self-checkout usually takes weeks.

16. Joy H says:

That photo is hilarious! I had to look twice. I thought she was only wearing a diaper under the poncho….now, THAT would have been FUNNY!

17. jen3 says:

you have TWO blogs? holy crap!!!

so, you’re up at 7 AM. but … what time do you go to bed? hmmm???

fantastic photo. it looks to me like she is being suffocated. good thing you added the disclaimer!