Photos

Photos

September 5, 2006

putting together a chair... together

My head just about exploded after watching my son screw in the screws on three chairs. Because I could chop down a tree, saw the wood, and build my own chair in the amount of time it took for him to get one screw in.

don't be fooled

Do not be fooled, under ther sweet princess exterior lies the heart of a thief.
Oh a pretty credit card!

She wanted a credit card of her very own too.

He knows there are cookies in the bottom of the cart

He knows that if he doesn’t get to the cookies quickly that I will eat them all. As an aside, I am still faster than him.

applying for a job at IKEA

I am hoping she gets the job and starts pulling her weight around here. Three years of mooching off of us already.

running IS allowed

Running is always allowed at the store of flat box goodness.
Thankfully she did get to push the button

Thank god and your eardrums that she was able to push the button.

crown molding

Crown molding completes the now purple mudroom.

It is dificult to get a true picture of the color. But it does match the purple in the stained glass window here:

100_5481

Today my 10 year old son had his first horse back riding lesson. I was pleased that there was one other boy in the class with him as it seems to be predominantly a “girl” thing. Like a good mother I brought my camera to capture the moment forever. But all I captured was my daughter watching the horses before my batteries died in my camera. Ah well.

watching the horses

Comments

My son(2) had his first “horseback riding lesson” this week too! My aunt owns several horses and gets the kids up there as soon as they are comfortable. I was NOT comfortbale with my little chubby baby on pony.

2. Cheryl says:

Today must be proclaimed, “Horseback Riding Lesson Day” as my 11 year old daughter had her first lesson today also….on her birthday - yes, I’m a way cool mommy!! :)

Chris, the mudroom with crown molding and fruit art looks great!!

3. Beth says:

I really do like that lavender/purple color. Very charming. :-)

4. Lilly says:

I’m actually jealous that your 10 yr old wants to take horseback riding lessons. My 10 yr old son has horses and free lessons available because we live next to a ranch but he couldn’t be less interested. Now if only those ponies had wheels and four on the floor he’d be up at the ranch every free moment.

5. mothergoosemouse says:

I love the purple too. And I really love the crown molding. But it’s especially wonderful to see how the kids are so involved.

6. Elizabeth says:

I want to go to Ikea soo bad! I don’t even need anything, but I’m sure I’ll find something to buy. Plus, I want those cookies.

7. Anna says:

Your kids are just beautiful! I have only recently found your blog, and yet I ready seem to be addicted…I find myself thinking (when my own two-year-old son is testing my patience) that if you can do it with *seven*, then surely I can find the strength to handle my one! (Although just to be clear, he is *loudest* toddler in the entire world!)

8. Keith says:

I like the purple as well and the crown moldings look great.

9. Sonia (DDM) says:

Yaaaay on the riding lessons!! My son rides too. He rode in a barrel race on Saturday, his first. (And by race, I mean the horse was walking and being led by his Grandma while I walked alongside and made sure that his listing to the right didn’t result in a tumble.) I’m horse crazy, have been my whole life. I think it’s great that your kid(s) are riding!

10. T in HD says:

Well, jumping on the bandwagon here…My 9 y.o. daughter just started riding lessons 3 weeks ago. With her mom. She’s doing great. I’m so frustrated I could pull my hair out in great clumps. I’ve waited over 25 years to learn to ride and now I’ve finally started and I feel like such a fool. Is it wrong to feel jealous of my daughter?

The lift buttons? A source of major meltdowns in our family if they don’t all get their turn to push the $#@! button.

I just love all the pictures of your kids you share. They are beautiful.
    I think the mudroom is so pretty. I wish I wasn’t afraid of color.

12. InterstellarLass says:

Ah yes, but him learning to screw in those three screws…priceless.

13. Erika says:

Im glad that your children are so eager to help out. Mine likes to take apart things after I pick them up, or put them away, or wash them.. LOL I like your color choice. Very un circus like ;)

14. Gretchen says:

Hooray on the horseback riding lessons! Troyer got his first lessons at camp last year, and he liked it enough to sign up for them again this year. It frustrates me to no end that horses are viewed as a “girl” thing. I loooooved horses when I was little, and now I don’t have anyone to share that secret obsession with. When I was in 5th grade, I made it a point to become friends with a girl, (who would end up being my best friend through college) only because she had more Breyer models than I did!

I hope the batteries are working for his next lesson, I’d love to see pictures! Oh, and I think the purple is not obnoxious at all. I like that it goes with the stained glass.