Love is…

Love is…

September 7, 2006

Love is...

playing the game just one. more. time.

For a full explanation and to participate visit Karen.

Comments

1. Y says:

That IS love, because OH MY GOD, NOT AGAIN!!

That must be love. I felt that way about Candy Land!

3. InterstellarLass says:

Board games. Bored games. We like Attack Uno!

At least it’s not PLAYDOH!!!. I HATE playdoh.

5. Lilly says:

Maybe it’s because I grew up in a bad weather state and learned to love em’ but I actually like to play board games and can’t get my husband or son to play with me! Seeing your photo I immediately googled ‘Clue Mysteries’ and now I think I’ll buy it for Christmas. Looks intriguing. Maybe if it’s good they’ll play with me…!

ITA. I despise playing board games.

I will never, ever forget that post of yours, though, about seeing the board game on the table that your son had set up and realizing you’d promised to play it and never did… and so it sat there all day untouched. Let me tell you, that post made me cry. HARD. I have done that, too, and nothing could ever make me feel more guilty.

I can be the queen of “later, sweetie” or “in just a little bit.” But anymore, every time I even think of putting off playing with my kids, I think of that post, and how I’ve felt the times I’ve seen open board games sitting there untouched after my kids had gone to bed.

You’re a great mom, Chris! Be proud of yourself for doing all that you do each day.

7. 1girl2boys says:

That is truly love!

That’s got to be better than Candy Land? Right? Oh god, no more Candy Land please!!!

9. Amber says:

Love is: watching the same sequence over and over and over again on Sesame Street until you want to throw up.

Curse the day we ever showed my daughter we can rewind shows on our DVR….

10. Lilly says:

Thinking about why I like board games when other adults don’t… I think it’s because for my family of goofballs, the board game was just an excuse to gather around and joke and sing and eat and be together without having to actually talk about anything. We could enjoy each other’s company without the pressure of having to reveal how much we all disagreed about major issues…..

11. carrien says:

Mine still think it’s fun to throw all of the pieces around rather than play it. For me it’s reading Sun Moon and Star’s through twice and not falling asleep in the middle.

12. Kristen says:

Yeah, this weekend it was Go Fish. Twenty more times. Do they recognize how much this says about our undying love for them??!! Haha…