even my hair has chills

even my hair has chills

October 6, 2006

I realized this afternoon, after several tantrums, during which I may or may not have refused to step outside and see all the work my husband had done on the house, may or may not have stomped my foot while whining, and may or may not have slammed to door on him. I realized that I am sick.

Sick. With the chills and a fever and stuffy head that makes my eyes water and feel as though they are just suddenly going to plop out of their sockets and roll down my cheeks.

I am sitting huddled next to the wood burning stove. And despite the fact that I had to take my earrings off because they were burning me from my proximity to the fire, I am shivering.

I am out of Nyquil, elixir of the gods, and was forced to take some old theraflu tablets, which suck and that is why they are still sitting in the back of the cabinet in their dusty little box. Now I just feel really nauseous, light headed, and also still sick.

And wishing that I had a slanket, the blanket with sleeves.

Comments

1. CeCe says:

Aww, get better soon!

I have some Nyquil. I’ve had to take it all week. I’ll take a slug of it for ya, OK?
    Get better soon. Mommy can’t get sick!

3. Mons Flumen says:

Slanket!

Feel better. When I was young I remember being completely wrapped in quilts, sleeping bags, and comforters and still freezing and shaking, especially my feet. That’s the kind of sick that should Not Be Allowed.

4. Daisy says:

Orange spice tea in the coziest mug you own — that’s my solution. It may not heal what ails you, but it will soothe you.

5. CaliforniaGrammy says:

I’d bring you homemade chicken soup if you weren’t on the other side of the country! Feel better - keep up with the fluids!

6. Cheryl says:

Awe Chris, I hope you feel better really soon - it’s tough when the mommy gets sick.

7. Melissa says:

Sorry you’re sick. I woke up this morning and told my husband that I felt so awful my hair hurt. He didn’t get it. Sadly, either did my 20 month old. Oh well….the show must go on.

I’ve been a long time lurker, but have enjoyed your musing immensly!

Here’s to our health!!

8. my 2 cents says:

Hope you get better soon! And you really need to invent that blanket you’re talking about!

9. Jen says:

Get Well Soon. I’d bring you some chicken soup on Monday but will be so jetlagged I’ll be as much use as a wet Slanket!

10. meredith says:

Get well soon. Wow, that blanket really exists!

11. Novaks8 says:

I have a cold too. I don’t feel like doing anything.

I don’t have the chills though.

I hope you feel better soon.

Delegate some chores and lay down!

12. rachel says:

ugh. feel better soon! there’s nothing ickier than a bad cold when people expect you to be useful. I hope you can take the weekend off! This does mean you’re exempted from baseball duty, right?

And now I’m glad we didn’t have time to drive out your way yesterday while I was in your state - no way I can cope with a bad cold right now.

Awwww! I hope you feel better soon. It’s a good thing it’s the weekend and hubby is home to take care of the kiddos.

14. Mir says:

I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snuck that sip of your diet coke. ;)

15. madre-terra says:

It’s the change of seasons…..
    I get a cold every fall.
    Feel better…you poor woobie.
    Oh…make sure your milk it and get everyone to wait on you hand and foot.

16. kate says:

Hope you feel better soon! You need Nyquil that is for sure!

17. Jodi@OC says:

Awwww, it sucks when the mommy gets sick. I will send you some virtual Nyquil and then you kick your husband toward the nearest drug store to get some real stuff.

Feel better soon!

18. sandra says:

Man, that sucks. I’m sorry. Realizing you’re sick is such an ominous discovery.

The slanket’s a nice idea. I’d like to share with you my favorite article of clothing: http://www.cabelas.com/spodw-1/0016541.shtml

My mother-in-law got this for me the very first Christmas after I moved to Kansas. I’d only been here two months; how did she know this would be my favorite gift ever?

19. Amah says:

Nasty colds anyway!! They must be making thier circuit. I haven’t gotten one yet but 3 out of 4 kids did. So I’ve done the rounds with giant sized hankies and lots and lots of tissues for the last few days. I didn’t realize that kids could go from bad to worse in a matter of seconds - I thought I was the only one that could do that!!! LOL

20. highlighted styles hair says:

hair braid styles thin hair styles