October 30, 2006
Turns out I couldn’t just sit on the couch and relax all day, testing the Halloween candy. Because:
1) I realized I haven’t actually bought any Halloween candy yet
2) I had to go out and spend $50 on a hat for Young Indiana Jones. Last year he was Indiana Jones. Though lost on me, apparently the distinction is important.
3) Because I am so committed to
shopping exercising, I returned my sneakers and bought a new, better, and therfore more expensive pair.
4) I had to carve, help carve, or supervise the carving of six pumpkins. The seventh is sitting there intact mocking me. I could say that the baby doesn’t want his carved. That he likes it just the way it is. If I don’t get around to doing it tomorrow though that will be my story.
5) I had to buy Christmas ornaments because they were on sale for 60% off. Why are they on sale already? Because nothing says getting into the Halloween spirit like doing a little Christmas shopping.
…and in breaking news, my 5 yr old broke the screen on his Leapster tonight.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: