The Halloween un-update

The Halloween un-update

November 1, 2006

I want to write an update of our oh so interesting trick or treating experience (I am being sarcastic here in case that was lost in the typing)

You know trick or treating where some of my children acted like they were on a forced death march because it was sooooo hot and they were soooooo thirsty and they were soooooo tired of walking. I suggested that maybe next year they stay at home and see how many people bring candy to them.

But we are in the throes of sugar-roller coaster hell. Where the kids keep begging for candy. Eat the candy until they feel sick. Run around like maniacs until they crash, both literally and metaphorically. And begin the cycle all over again.

My daughter is in heaven and keeps expressing her undying love for shlock-lit.

I’ll be back with an update and PHOTOS later. I am hoping to figure out how to get a photo I took of the best halloween decoration ever off of my cell phone. Otherwise I might have to draw a little stick figure of it, or send it to all of you on your phones. It was that funny.

Here is a photo of my oldest son in his costume as a scary old hunchback man.

Spooooooky

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Comments

1. Stephanie says:

let me know and I’ll send you my cell number! ;o)

2. Maddy says:

If your phone has email function then you can send it to yourself, alternatively you can plug your phone into your pc like you would with your camera, if you have the connections that is.

My son’s were a bit boring in their Halloween selections, Harry Potter in a pretty naff hat and Captain Jack Sparrow with a very dodgy bandana.

3. Jodi@OC says:

Next time they can come trick-or-treating with us. It wasn’t hot at all at 20F. My legs and face were quite numb after an hour. The joys of free candy!

4. Mir says:

Is that Rob?*

*You can pay me later.

Wow. SCARY!!!

Did you dress up for candy too?

6. Tiff says:

Beat the sugar-crazed meltdowns like this:
    I will buy my kid’s candy from them on Nov 1. Any of them under 10 will go for it for $5. The older ones I don’t worry about too much - they USUALLY don’t overdose as badly as the younger ones. What do I do with ALL that candy you ask? Well… I save some for lunch bags and after school treats, I hide a few favorites in my private stash, and after conjuring up every ounce of will power I can I pitch the rest. (Don’t let the kids see you do it!) Remember: better waste than WAIST!

Scary guy. I want to see the photo, too. It was hot here last night. We went out in short sleeves and the kids started to get hot in their costumes and complained a little. That is until we threatened to take away their candy. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Our world must be reversed. It was freezing here. My little belle had to wear a long sleeve shirt under her “buuuutiful dress”. NOW it’s time for sugar detox, both me and the kids. The candy went to work with daddy!!!

9. Lynn says:

That’s an awesome picture of your son!! You should enter it in the MomJunction.com Halloween picture contest. MomJunction is a new site for moms - very cool. You should check it out. At least enter the contest. I did!

10. Playdate Susan says:

Good lord, for just a second there I thought you had a picture of ME from your cell phone. Because that’s TOTALLY the look I’m sporting today.

But with pretty earrings.

11. Tammie says:

THANKS!!! I was curious to see what your children were this year. What a cute bunch.

tam