NoBloShoeMo

NoBloShoeMo

November 2, 2006

We have an icon.

nanoshoemo

We have a Flickr group. (Click on the icon to join)

NoBloShoeMo: Thirty Days of Shoes

Description: For the next thirty days, we want you to show us your shoes–the good, the bad, the ugly-but-oh-so-comfortable. Post daily, or once in a while, or when the shoe whim strikes. Because you wear them every day, why not photograph them? Every day. For one month.

It’s that easy.

C’mon and join. Because this is SO much better than writing a novel.

Update:

Yes, some of you may notice that the group and the name on the icon do not match. That is because Susan and I are both blonde (ish). We went through a few different groups names and decided on NoBloShoeMo. Too bad for us we did it AFTER I had already made the icon. But at least I know how to cut and paste into my template…. ahem.

So now I will fix the icon.

Update on the update:

It is now fixed.

Lesson learned:

Pay attention and do not drink and think at the same time.

Comments

1. rachel says:

this is hysterical. I need to do this too.

But now I’m posting once a day, writing a novel, and taking pictures of my shoes? I think I need to farm out the children for November!

2. creative-type dad says:

I would, really. But my toddler is always hiding them.

3. Annika says:

I joined the flickr group. Yay! I wear the same shoes every day, so my contribution promises to be very boring. But overstock.com has my shoes in MANY EXCITING COLORS for an unbelievably good price and I just ordered two pairs. I would like to kiss overstock.com on the mouth.

4. CathyC says:

You are one crazy girl! You make me laugh!

This sounds like the perfect excuse to go shoe shopping. And to pull out the pairs of shoes in my closet that I bought because they were such a great deal and then never wore them. I seriously wear my Nike running shoes every where, I’m so boring.

6. Jess says:

I’m in.

7. lynsalyns says:

Thanks for asking me to play … I am totally IN! :)

8. Robbin says:

With the same flip-flops every day I think I would be considered boring!

9. Troll Baby » Housekeeping says:

[...] Don’t feel like writing but love shoes? Check out Chris and Susan’s NoBloShoeMo Flickr group. Too cute. If I had 30 pairs of shoes, I might participate, but alas, I’m no girly-girl. I am developing a love for Nine West Footwear however, and the Mastercard people are loving me. The only thing is, every time Mir posts a great shoe sale at WantNot, I’m out of luck trying to get a 7.5 size, or the company doesn’t ship to Canada, or both. Stupid Canadians and their small feet, I know. [...]

10. ann-marie says:

i’ll do my best, but i almost always wear my black or brown danskos, so it may not be interesting. i’ll see what i can do!

11. Hey, you! · Where did you get that dress, it’s terrible. And those shoes with that jacket, oh jeez! says:

[...] I joined NoBloShoeMo: Thirty Days of Shoes [...]

12. Deborah says:

LOVE the shoes!!!! For fun, I actually sent my husband’s slipper to school in my daughter’s backpack (pre ShoeMo) I habitually toss something in everyday. today, it was his disgusting slipper. I love to irritate my kids. By the way, I love your Blog, thank you for keeping me in stitches

13. Meg says:

All right, you done convinced me. I’m in.

14. Alice H says:

I feel really stupid…how do I add a picture to the group? I’ve joined Flickr, joined the group, and uploaded the photo to my photos, but I’m not seeing the button the FAQ says should exist to add it to a group…

15. Alice H says:

Never mind, I figured it out. I needed to click on the picture to go to another page for the picture, then I got the option to send to group.

16. jennster says:

i so cannot do this because i literally have 4 pairs of black boots THAT ALL LOOK THE FUCING SAME! lol

17. Stacy says:

This is something that I can definitely do! Can you include the kids’ shoes in this too? Because they have almost as many shoes as I do!

18. Jen says:

Photographing shoes is my favorite past time. I love to focus right in on people’s shoes and the way they wear them. I have always joked about putting together a collection of some of the shots I have gotten, but I just never have. The more worn and personal the shoes appear to be, the better. I always like people to imagine what the wearer of the shoe is like just based on their shoes.

19. Through The Looking Glass » Blog Archive » Old Shoes (& Picture Postcards) says:

[...] Because I am super-ambitious, I’ve joined another November challenge: NaBloShoeMo. [...]

20. Sunny says:

I’ll give it a shot.

21. kerflop says:

If only I ever wore shoes.

22. Nobloshoemo « True Tales of A Mommy Blogger says:

[...] I don’t know if you all have seen the Flickr group going on this month at Flickr that Chris has going on, but its pretty cute. NoBloShoeMo. Thirty days of shoes. I didn’t join, because, sadly I do not own thirty pairs of shoes. *sob sob* But, I couldn’t resist taking this picture: [...]

23. blog says: