don’t throw any water on me today

don’t throw any water on me today

November 4, 2006

One of the kids brings me the telephone.

“Hello?”

“Hi. Are you busy? He said you were in the bathroom with Rob?”

“Oh, I was just helping him.”

“Ah”

“With plumbing.”

“Ah ha”

“Not his plumbing. The house plumbing. Sheesh, get your mind out of the gutter.”

NoBloShoeMo: Day3

I never really wear these shoes because they are a smidge too small. But I got them on clearance at TJMaxx for $3. Yes, $3! How could I NOT buy them?

Rob says that it isn’t a bargain if you spend money on something that you don’t use. But clearly he just doesn’t get it.

Maybe one day my feet will shrink, it could totally happen, right? Or maybe my daughter will grow into them and want to dress as a witch for Halloween. Or maybe I’ll be confined to a wheelchair for a period of time and my shoes would be merely decorative accessories.

Comments

1. Kristi says:

My husband would have taken full advantage of that phone conversation. The noises he would have made….all at the expense of embarassing the crap out of me and the caller.

2. Lilly says:

Those shoes are funny looking in a witch of the west sort of way and they look like toe torturers.

3. Maddy says:

Oh yes I totally agree, feet often shrink if allowed to get too wet … or so I’ve heard.

4. Karen Rani says:

Boys just don’t get stuff like that, do they?

Was that phone call before or after our convo this morning? Ha ha…I love how you thought you had to clarify the plumbing!
    xo

5. Cassie says:

About 5 years after having my last child, my feet started to shrink back to the pre-child size. So, if you don’t mind holding on to shoes that far out of style, you’re good.

6. Julie Q. says:

Keep the shoes. They look perfect for squishing spiders in corners.

7. Elissa says:

My feet hurt just looking at those shoes. Sigh….. but it’s a good thing I’m not that into shoes - my mammoth feet would be even more depressing. :)

8. margalit says:

Do you have a cobbler anywhere near you? They can stretch shoes up to about 1/2 a size in width and length. I have huge feet and I often need to get shoes stretched. Those look suede, right? They should be very easy to stretch.

Support your local cobbler!

9. Playdate Susan says:

I envy those shoes so much it HURTS.

Everyone needs some great pointy shoes.

10. Christina says:

For squishing spiders in corners - excellent idea!

Cute shoes. I have a couple of pairs that are really cute, but a tad too small. My feet grew after I had Roo. Weird!

12. Cheryl says:

My first thought….those shoes would be great for killing a roach in a corner!!! They are very nice looking shoes for $3.00!

13. kate O'Brien says:

I love the look of those shoes. Have seen them before on others and thought they were so cute and fashionable. But they do look like they would hurt. And for 3 bucks, a bargain. I totally get the sale thing!

14. Julie says:

Somebody said that women will spend a dollar for something worth two that they don’t need, while men will spend two dollars for something worth one that they do need. My husband believes it to be true. I love the conquest, myself!

Love the shoes! I still haven’t found a nice pair of pointy shoes that I like (and will wear) for under $400 (damn Jimmy Choo). I seriously need to find a TJ Maxx around here.

16. JJ says:

My great grandmother would have said, “You could kick a snake in the ass with those.”

17. Genevieve says:

I once wore a pair of my mother’s old shoes for Halloween when I dressed as a witch. She seemed insulted that I used her old “sensible shoes” in such a way, but I swear they were the perfect Ugly Old Witch shoes! (yours would be Cute Young Stylin’ Witch shoes though)

18. Suburban Turmoil says:

Or! You can sell them on eBay for twice the price!

19. ek says:

I once loved a pair of boots so much I bought two sizes too large - as that is, all there was. :P

See, its okay for my dh to have bought a circular saw, used once in five years - but NO, I can’t have something I wear once in a blue moon. wth? :)

20. Keri says:

“confined to a wheelchair”

ouch.

better (and more politically correct) to say: wheelchair user

thanks for understanding. =)

21. Chris says:

Really?

I guess I don’t care about being politically correct all the time.

Everyday it seems as though words are taken away from us under the guise of being PC. I for one miss the richness of our language that we are losing.

Confined to a wheelchair… for me that terminology to be evokes the image of a waif-like girl from the early 1930’s who is forced to sit in a wheel chair because she is sickly. And she has a warm wool lap blanket.

Somehow “wheelchair user” doesn’t do the same thing for me.

22. Mary W says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes. LOVE them! I am so doing the shoe thing.