two down, ten to go

two down, ten to go

November 6, 2006

(updated below)

On my calendar this month for the children I have five dental cleanings, one dental sealants, four orthodontist consulatations, and two check-ups at the pediatrician.

Today my 5 and 11 yr olds had their cleanings. My five year old is an enthusiastic tooth brusher. I rarely even have to remind him. My 11 yr old has to be reminded twice a day EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I just don’t get it. Does he forget that he has teeth?

Guess who has three cavities and who has none?

Though looking at the bright side, at least the cavities are in a child who has only baby teeth.

And on an even brighter side, look at these fabulous shoes I bought yesterday on clearance. And they are really comfortable.

NoBloShoeMo: Day 4

Cavities, shmavities who can be upset in these shoes.

Update: I bought the shoes at Macy’s this past weekend on the 50% off clearance rack. They are Aerosoles and have about a 2 inch heel. They are super comfortable and I wore them for the entire day with nary a foot ache. I think that about covers the questions.

Also, the five year old is the one with the cavities. you know, Murphy’s law and everything.

Comments

1. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Now THOSE shoes are adorable . . . I like them oh-so-much-better than yesterdays. Congratulations to the five-year-old . . . way to go! Keep on brushing!

2. Lilly says:

Love that your daughter’s shoe pose and yours were taken in the same spot.

I’m always pushing Sonicaire toothbrushes because the toothbrush does a good job and beeps and shuts itself off after 2 minutes so my 10 yr old always brushes for that long. 2 minutes is a long time brushing without the beep thing. He hasn’t had cavities since he started using it…

Your right, who can stress with such great shoes. Isn’t shopping the wonderful? I’ve been enjoying some retail therapy myself.

4. Beck's Mommy says:

Wow! I HATE the dentist. Having to go that many times (even if I weren’t the one in the chair) would drive me INSANE — more than I already am.

BTW: Where did you get those shoes! They are BEAUTIFUL!

5. jm says:

OMG! I want those!

I have only boring, boring shoes. So I will have to live vicariously through your, um, feet. (That sounds very wrong, doesn’t it?)

6. Maddy says:

Wow 11 with all babies, that’s amazing. My 11 year old has these huge adult teeth in this little boys mouth, the poor kid looks like dracula somedays. Did you know they lose some of their back molars, I had no clue till one fell out.

7. Novaks8 says:

I wrote about the same oddity on my blog.

I have one child who has more cavities than teeth it seems (we have been to the dentist every week for 2 months now) and one who is 15 and never had one cavity and I know he doesn’t brush regularly.

The dentist said that it is just the way it is.

The luck of the draw I guess.

8. Claudia says:

You’re saying that the 5yr old diligent brusher had the cavities? Life can be totally unfair..

9. judi casey says:

nice shoes!

10. Mischa says:

Love the shoes! The ankle strap rocks!

11. liz says:

Oh! I love those shoes!!!

My dentist says that whether or not you get cavities at those young ages are from several reasons, brushing and flossing is just one factor among many.

12. Jurgen Nation says:

I want to make out with those shoes. LOVE.

13. Anna says:

Please tell us where you got today’s shoes!

14. Playdate Susan says:

When Jurgen Nation is done making out with your shoes, can I have a turn?

15. InterstellarLass says:

I’m constantly reminding mine to brush their teeth. *knock on wood* No cavities yet.

I LOVE THE SHOES. They are sexay, sassay, and hhhot.

16. Kira says:

*gasp*
    I. Love. Those. Shoes.

17. Caya says:

ah, you’re so lucky to be able to wear such pretty shoes. I’ve never worn high-heels in my life, and consequently, if I ever try, I look like a fool tottering around, and my back hurts, and my feet hurt. Last time I tried, it lasted about half an hour. Plus which, all those years of wearing Birkenstocks have allowed me to be eminantly comfortable, but have also allowed my feet to spread to where I can’t wear just any kind of shoe any longer. Appreciate your feetsies!

18. Jennifer Wilson says:

Love the shoes. I wish I had places to wear those kind of shoes!! I guess I could get all dolled up and head to Home Depot?? I love reading your posts. Come visit..I am having a contest tomorrow. Jennifer

19. Cheryl says:

Beautiful shoes, Chris, but it’s the part about 4 children with ortho consults that makes me shake…..I owe $270.00 on the $5,000.00 braces in my middle child’s mouth…I can’t wait to pay those things off….Ortho Insurance is almost as pretty as your shoes! :)

Cute shoes. I don’t have but 1 pair of cute shoes and I can’t wear them for more than an hour. Anyway, where would I go looking all cutsie, Wal-Mart?
    I have to remind my 11 yr old EVERY day to brush, too.

21. cassie-b says:

Great shoes.

Cas
    and I hope you have good insurance!

22. halloweenlover says:

Reminds me of Josh and I. I brush and floss every day, use flouride, don’t eat candy, and yet I end up with cavities while Josh has none. It makes me want to smack him.

Love the shoes! I have to take a picture of my sparkly shoes for you.

Wait a minute, I only have two kids and I come close to having you beat, if you include me in the mix:
    three dental appointments
    two counseling sessions for the anxiety-ridden 7-year-old
    three vision check-ups
    one GYN exam
    one annual check-up
    one pediatrician visit for two flu shots

Oh, and the usual the every-other-week allergy shots.

We’re healthier than we sound, I promise!

24. Jonathon says:

The dentist still scares me. This has lead to a cavity I’ve been meaning to take care of for A MONTH.

25. Wendy says:

Cant go wrong with Aerosoles. Each pair I own have never hurt my feet and I use to stand on the them for 8 hours a day when I worked.

26. Karen says:

Ha! That was one good thing about my leg. I could cancel all our dentist appointments for the next few weeks. They were very sympathetic too :)

I love all the shoe pics! I wear flipflops or nothing 99 % of the time. But fun to see someone else’s shoes.

Karen

27. Cmommy says:

We don’t have dental insurance, so I have to raid the savings account twice a year for my 4 darlings to be cleaned, x-rayed & cavity-filled.

Trying to save up for that crown I need. Maybe if I wear a fake tiara to the appt, I’ll feel better…?! Chrissy