Love is…

Love is…

November 30, 2006

letting your most challenging child live for another year. (kidding) (well, not really kidding about letting him live since he is obviously still alive) (at least at the time of the photo)

I make no promises about seven though. (kidding) (no, I’m not) (yes, I am) (maybe)

Sixth birthday

Visit Karen at Chookooloonks for more Love Thursday posts.

Comments

1. Chookooloonks says:

You donut. :-D

Beautiful shot.

Happy love thursday!

K.

2. Cheryl says:

He’s precious! You simply MUST let him live….oh, think of the joy he has in store for you when he’s 16!!!!! :)

3. Jordana says:

Here’s hoping he decides to go easy on you this year.

4. maria says:

That’s great. My most challenging child is the one who had the most challenging beginning (serious heart defect - lots of time in children’s hospitals…) now he’s a royal pain in the you know what - in that happy then furious, laughing, temper tantrum throwing 5 yr old way. Every time I say the kid’s a pill - I get shocked looks from people. I’m so glad you can joke and we all you know you love that kid to pieces (even when you want to throttle em!)

5. Janet Bowser says:

Wow, that’s a lot of candles, is he twenty or what? LOL, what an innocent face, he couldn’t be challenging, now could he?

6. Cakes says:

Great! Now I’m going to have count the children every time I see a picture…just to make sure.

7. Karen Rani says:

What a beautiful shot Chris! Happy Birthday Big Guy!

8. Cathy C says:

He is SO cute! He must live! He must live!

9. 1girl2boys says:

Ha, that was cute!

10. Leanne says:

HA - I’m so glad I hadn’t sipped my coffee before I read that…! :)

Fabulous birthday shot - good job!

Leanne

His face does look a little impish!!

Chris, you do realize that “experts” say that the children who drive us the most crazy in our family are the ones the MOST like us… don’t you?! ;)

Happy Birthday to your sweetie! Beautiful picture!

13. shannon says:

oh what a great shot. and i think it must have been something in the water. My child who must get daily absolutions just turned 6 on tuesday.

14. CaliforniaGrammy says:

What time is the party . . . what an awesome assortment from which to choose . . . hmmmmm. . . cookies. . .cake . . . pie . . . how ’bout one of each? Great picture - love the lighting from the candles.

15. Stephanie says:

Oh now… you are SOOOO going to hear from the trolls on this one. LOL!!! I can already hear their voices calling from beneath the bridges. SNORK!!!

16. Jen says:

It’s the challenging ones that give you the best memories and most satisfaction when they turn out OK. Just look at that face! Wishing you an easier year and Happy Love Thursday!

Reminds me of what I said last year when people would ask me how old my tall, ungainly teenage boy with a snotty attitude was. I would tell them that he was going to be 13 in February, and follow that with “if he lives that long”. I threaten daily to lock him in his room and feed him flat foods under the door until he’s 18 if he doesn’t work on that attitude….pffft!

18. MJ says:

I totally 2nd that first line … Love is letting your most challenging child live another year. It totally made me smile as my challenge of the year is turning 10 next tuesday!

Oh, he’s too cute to not let him live.
    Happy Birthday, big guy!

20. Sophie says:

He’s adorable! May I have him? Kidding. (no, maybe not) (yes, I am) (well, maybe not) …

21. Salsa Queen says:

And of course there’s Mr Myles lurking in the shadows. Waiting. Just waiting. “I want me some cake. And some cookies, And some pies.”

Happy 6th to the little man!

22. Robbin says:

He is darling! Oh, and can I have my next birthday at your house?? Cake, pie, and cookies??? My dream come true (well through in a little ice cream)!

23. Melissa says:

I sooooo relate to where you’re coming from on this. My 2nd and third are the most challenging of my four, and it is #3’s birthday this Monday. He’s turning four……we’ll see if I let him get to five (ha ha).

24. jody2ms says:

Adorable! Happy Birthday little man!!!

25. lisavc says:

I used to call my 2nd son ‘the bane of my life’ - he was absolutely painful to raise - add in the days when they did’nt have meds for it, well not in australia anyway! tell you what though, he’s 26 now and could’nt be a better person, he’s turned out so well and surprisingly easy to get along with - so u never know!
    i’ve been reading your blog for ages but have never commented as u always get so many. what prompted me too was your post about the recent critisizm you’ve had.
    it’s an american thing i’m sure. there’s no way australians would take offence to these things, we have a very sarcastic sense of humour and part of it is to take the mickey out of people. and even if someone did take offense to those particular posts we would be unlikely to say so..that’s the old colonial polite british in us.
    don’t get me wrong, i’m not down on americans, i’m just sayin’!

26. Kate says:

Happy Birthday!

I think the cuteness is what has been keeping him alive!

27. Christina says:

Happy Birthday!

28. Playdate Susan says:

Imagine the playdate we could have, with our difficult boys. And some pie.

And some wine. (Kidding.) (Maybe not.)

29. Pastormac's Ann says:

Good luck! (I found the transition from six to seven a doosie. )

Happy Birthday to your boy. That smile is most definitely going to get him to seven!

30. Joy H says:

Precious; how he possibly be difficult? :)

Happy Birthday!

31. rachel says:

Happy birthday to him!

7 was a pretty easy year for us with our difficult one. 8 has been more of a challenge *sigh*

I love the picture!

32. sarcastic journalist says:

Ooh! It is my favorite kid! He’s a handful? He can’t be, he’s my FAVORITE!

33. Stephanie says:

Screams of laugher!!!

34. Margaret says:

Such a beautiful photograph. Your children are gorgeous.

35. Surcie says:

Cake and pies and cookies! That’s my kind of birthday!