christmas in photos

christmas in photos

December 27, 2006

It just wouldn’t be Christmas Eve without the procrastination and wondering if it will be done in time. THis year my oldest kids helped. I took this photo at 1:00 am.

Christmas morning around 1:00am

Gone are the days when the presents took over the entire room. Now they are small and cost ten times as much. iPods should really come in HUGE boxes for Christmas.

Finally...

He actually put himself back to bed after he opened his presents. Who has ever heard of such a thing?

He's a little tired

Conspicuous consumerism:

A small forest died for this paper

His older brothers were so happy to see him excited on Christmas morning since they helped set it up the night before.

Playing with Thomas

So they can look at legos online until their eyes glaze over. And to think I had to wait over 30 years to get my first laptop.

Santa was good to them

Comments

1. Jonathan says:

After being exhausted with just two children over the last few days (a one year old and two year old) I no longer have any idea how you do it. How did you even have the time to write this post! Hope you having a great time, it looks great.

Jonathan.

2. Shelly says:

What great brothers to help out the younger ones. I remember helping my parents put together a playhouse for my sisters one Christmas. It was so cool to see the looks on their faces the next morning. My teenager now tells me the same thing after staying up to do presents for his younger brothers. Yes, ipods need to come in HUGE packages!

Happy New Year~

3. Mary W says:

Chris what are those jam thingies in your picture tasg

4. Karly says:

YOU BOUGHT THEM LAPTOPS??? Will you adopt me? And maybe pay off the laptop I just purchased?

5. Lacy says:

What great pictures. Santa was good to your kids this year! Okay, lets get down to business. Am I the only one who is DYING to know how the visit with Mom was???

6. Denise says:

Man.. I wish santa had brought me a lap top.. that will be so great for them! And they were so nice putting the table together for the little guy!!bravo!

7. nabbalicious says:

Holy crap! Are you the coolest parents ever, or what?

8. kate says:

Love the presents! I got a new laptop but I am 25 and go to college! How exiciting!

I really want to know how the visit with mom went too. I am glad you guys had such a good time!!

10. Jodi says:

Yeah, how did Mom do? I am dying to know!

We killed a small forest too with our wrapping. It is amazing how those small presents eat up so much wrapping paper. :)

LAPTOPS!?! I want to be your kid. Did your guys have fun?
    All my hubby wants for Christmas is money so he can go out and buy whatever he wants.

12. Allyson says:

I got a laptop this year. Not for Christmas, but during a Boxing Week sale. I was hoping to get one as a gift, but that was stretching my expectations a little.

Great pics. Looks like everyone had a great time.

13. Michele says:

Looks like you all had a grand time. But what we’re all dying to know (or maybe it’s just me) is: how’d it go with your mother there??

14. rachel says:

looks like a wonderful Christmas was had by all! As usual, I’m very impressed with your older boys and how much they help out. Did they know they were getting the laptops *before* they were so helpful?

I’m with everyone else, though - how did the adult end of everything go?

15. InterstellarLass says:

Awww! That’s awesome that your older boys did that for Miles. My son got an iPod shuffle from his grandmother. It’s so small, I’m frightened!

16. zookeeper says:

Umm…those are quite the extravagant gifts. I can only imagine what they’ll ask for in 5-10 years.

17. Toni says:

I think the big brothers watching baby bro play with the train table is the sweetest one! But I have a soft spot for boys being nurturing. :)

18. Sweety says:

My 11 year old could spend days on Lego.com-
    I just hope his love for building and creating pays off one day- like in engineering or orthopeadics- where you take things apart and put them back together-

19. Eliza says:

I always told my kids they’d never get a laptop before me. Husband bought me a laptop a few months ago, this christmas the kids put laptop on their list reminding me of what I stated. Maybe next year. :)

20. The Lazy Organizer says:

It looks like the older boys are waiting for their turn! There is nothing better than watching your kids love each other.

I have been asking for a laptop for years but my husband would never buy me one. This year I used a different tactic and said I needed two laptops for our two older kids since we homeschool. I can’t believe my husband fell for that! Of course they are both mine, mine, all mine! I might share once in a while.