pre Christmas conversation

pre Christmas conversation

December 27, 2006

Rob: “I was checking our credit card balance online and noticed that there was a charge from Radio Shack the other day. Did you buy something at Radio Shack?”

Me: “Why are you checking the credit card balance right before Christmas? Why?”

Rob: “I don’t know. Because I am an anal retentive freak who obsessively checks account balances and likes to know where every cent goes.”

(Ok maybe I made the anal retentive freak part up in my head, but it is true.)

Me: “Ok, so drop it.”

Rob: “I just want to make sure someone didn’t steal our credit card….”

Me: “And go crazy spending $50 at Radio Shack?”

“Did you buy something at Radio Shack?”

Me: “Yesssssssss. Drop it now.”

Rob: “But what did you buy there? It just doesn’t seem like a store you would shop at?”

Me: “I just borrowed something from to wrap for you for Christmas. After all these years I have come to accept the inevitable that you will return whatever presents you get.”

Rob: “Oh, that’s not true.”

Me: “Uh, yes it is.”

Rob: “Ok. It’s the thought that counts, right?”

Comments

1. Caren says:

hahahahaha! So funny. I finally got my husband a keeper this year. A GPS that he asked for….

2. Denise says:

Boys!!! ugh!hehheh (yes he is still a boy!!)

3. Daisy says:

I wonder what my husband thought when he saw the charge from Home Depot? Tee-hee, I knew exactly what he wanted!

4. CeCe says:

Over and over before Christmas, I was like “We’re not allowed to check the bank or credit card balances until Boxing Day!!” I was sure something like that might happen in our household!

5. Woman with Kids says:

I love that you “borrowed” it from Radio Shack. Judging from the number of people at the mall tonight, a lot of people borrowed things.

6. liz says:

This is why I pay cash for Mr. Spock’s presents.

7. theotherbear says:

Oooh, I told hubby he was not allowed to look at the credit card statement till after Christmas. Not that he has ever bothered before but if there was going to be a first that would be it! So did yours like what you ‘borrowed’?

8. jaime says:

Haha! My husband took the alternative route– He knew I’d be doing mid-month bills, so he gave me my present early. He knew I’d be questioning when I saw charges from Art.com on the statement. . . It was great because we had it up on the wall with a red bow for Christmas Day.

9. jody2ms says:

LOL!

Same here. Almost every year he returns what I get him. This year I got him a Sirius receiver for his car. He loved it until he calculated the yearly cost of having the service. Ugh. (It is only $12.95/month!) Now I am returning it today. Another strike out at Christmas for me.

10. Elizabeth says:

Oh, that would be me. I’m a huge peeker, usually so that I can psych myself up to smile and say thank you when I get an atrocious gift. BUT - this year I liked everything!