in the interest of full disclosure
January 24, 2007
Yesterday my 2 and 3 yr olds were feeling a bit under the weather. And it reminded of me of things that are much MUCH better about 12 yr olds.
1) They don’t cling to your leg, pulling on your pants until they almost come clean off your body, whining, “uP! uP!”
2) They can articulate exactly what hurts or feels sick on their body.
3) They can take their own tylenol, in pill form.
4) They usually don’t shake their head around and try to spit it out as soon as it touches their tongue.
5) They will willingly sprawl out on the couch and watch television.
6) They will not contaminate everyone else with their germs as they like all family members to respect their minimum 10ft circumference of personal space.
7) They will throw up in the toilet, or at least in the same room as the toilet.
They don’t wear diapers.
9) THEY DON’T WEAR DIAPERS.
10) They don’t wipe their noses on your shoulder.
11) They don’t climb all over you the second that you sit down, elbows and knees poking into your squishy parts, and head butting your chin so that you bite your tongue.
12) If they ask for a snack, they will eat every last crumb of it, possibly licking the plate. They will not crush it it their hand and then grind it into the floor. And then demand a new and different snack which you don’t have.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: