Do you know what February is?

Do you know what February is?

February 7, 2007

It is family fun month!

Okay, maybe not really. But over on my other blog, you know you want to click on the link, I am devoting the month of February to activities you can do with your children, other than eat them. A different idea for every day of the month.

I hate the month of February. It is so cold. And so boring. I have no real desire to do anything other than huddle 6 inches in front of my wood burning stove, periodically turning so that all sides of my body can be equally warmed.

Join me in reclaiming February. No longer will it be the month that you want to run naked screaming out of the house. Now it will be family fun month. And we will have fun, dammit.

That is my new family motto by the way. I may paint it on my walls in fancy letters: We will have fun, dammit.

Comments

1. Maddy says:

“We will have fun, dammit.” (love it).

Kind of like yelling the Seinfeld-ian “Serenity Now!” in the face of kid-induced chaos. We used to do that a lot when the kids were little and all were crying at the same time. “Serenity Now!” didn’t calm them down, but it made us feel better about the absurdity of it all.

2. bgirl says:

“and you’ll like it!”

3. Playdate Susan says:

I would so wear a tee shirt that said WE WILL HAVE FUN, DAMMIT.

4. khristalee says:

So I jumped the gun and begged you to write more, but if I had only noticed you had I wouldn’t have been so rude! Like the loser I am, every time the computer was on, I checked to see if you had written yet, and I was so disapointed you hadn’t, I’m so arrogant to believe you live to blog! (Forget the 7 kids!) I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day, maybe Rob will take you to a nice B&B somewhere to make up for the Chelsea… I would think they would be a lot cleaner and more cozy.

5. khristalee says:

Do they have Bed & Breakfasts in the States? Or am I stupid?

6. Sarah says:

You know, the “running naked into the snow” bit reminds me of spending time in a sauna in Minnesota. And you thought they were kidding in the Gumpier Old Men movie! Good times.

7. Pam says:

Don’t be a February Hater!! It’s the month of love dammit!! And yes, I can be that happy about February because I live in Florida where it’s 72 degrees today and Spring little league baseball is in full swing. This is the opening weekend for the Florida State Fair and we’re knee deep in spring cleaning. Now that’s my idea of family fun.
    Since the NY visit wasn’t a true soul satisfying get a way, come on down, now’s a great time to stand in line for hour on end for a meet and greet with Mickey.

8. rachel says:

Love it. I think we’ll have to go make that into a sign here, too.

9. cdm says:

A former coworker said it the way I like best:

“If you’re not having any fun, it’s your own f—ing fault.”

10. MommyHAM says:

Love it….dammit is the little something special in that sentiment. Ahhhh….

11. bluepaintred says:

run naked out there? no way!! its minus 45 here. uh uh, nope, no naked outsideness for me!