snow watch: keeping the sugar high high

snow watch: keeping the sugar high high

February 14, 2007

Time: 2:20

On a scale from 1-10 how wrong would it be for me to tell the children that the chocolate cupcakes I made are really burnt bran muffins. That way they won’t even go near them and I’ll have them all for myself.

1 being not at all wrong, infact it would be wrong to do otherwise.

10 being you horrible awful mother how dare you even suggest such a thing; I bet you drink in front of those innocents too.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

I am putting on my winter outerwear and attempting to shovel the end part of the driveway. If live blogging does not resume it is because I am frozen and dead and my children have not noticed.

Comments

1. Karen says:

ONE!!!!!!!!!

2. rachel says:

One.

But my kids can smell chocolate from a mile away and sadly wouldn’t be fooled.

You have a 12 year old - he should be out there shoveling! That is the point of children over 10. I think the kids would notice if you froze - there would be no one to play with and give them candy.

3. Alison says:

One.

4. Sunny says:

One. Definately one.

5. Bethany says:

ONE!

I agree with Rachel. Isn’t that why we have children? To do the chores we don’t want to do? No? It’s just me then? There goes that Mother of the Year award.

Uh, one, but I don’t think they’ll buy it though. I would hold them over their heads as a carrot though-say, a reward for anyone willing to help shovel all that snow……it’s just like, it’s just like, a MINI - MALl! Earworm indeed.

7. Jodi says:

Well, since I would choose a bran muffin (with raisins, please) over a chocolate one, I’ll refrain from voting. I know, I know…weird and unnatural. I should seek help. Twinkies, now, yes Twinkies. I would totally lie about Twinkies. “This? Ummmm…it is a butternut squash roll with creamed cauliflower stuffing. Would you like one?”

Except my kids have become accustomed to my ruses and would not believe me. No more hiding gummi bears in the tissue box and saying they are boogers.

8. Cassie says:

Negative four.

9. robiewankenobie says:

i say if you can convince them to play the “shovel the driveway game,” that you might be able to spare a few cupcakes.

10. Danielle says:

ONE and I thought you had it all figured out with the marble in the driveway. Wait do you mean that doesn’t work? I’ve been depending on it.

11. Kellie says:

I think you and I live somewhat in the same area (I remember a reply to a comment I left for you a while back you said your husband worked in the city). Anyway…at 3:21 pm, we’ve now watched a foot of snow pile up, the wind whip it around and smack you in the face and it’s FREEZING cold outside. I thought of shoveling the end of my driveway, but the man person came home and he’s doing it. I am supervising from my couch, drinking coffee and eating cake :)

Love the LiverBlogging!!

12. Julia says:

ummm DEFINITLY a Ten but no different from the rest of us… lets drink together okay?

“Hey kid #2…Make me a martini..shaken not stirred and dad needs a beer…we lost the bottle opener you will need to use your teeth…thats waht god gave them to you for!”

ahhhh to be a child! fun fun.. btw I agree…give them all a shovel and watch from the front door…(insert evil laugh here).

13. Jess says:

Gee lets see you have been stuck inside with the kids all day while is snows like a SOB outside…I am thinking a 1 at the most.

14. CL says:

Think of all the calories you burn while shoveling! That’s what I did this morning…

I lie/d to my kid…who doesn’t??

15. kelly says:

ya know what would go great with the cupcakes? irish coffee. yum.

16. Sarah says:

Your kids would certainly miss you around dinner time.

17. Expat Chef says:

One. Oh, and take the cupcakes with you, leaving a trail to your frozen body, just in case. They’ll come looking.