snow watch: to the left, to the left, all the snow is tossed to the left

snow watch: to the left, to the left, all the snow is tossed to the left

February 14, 2007

Time: 3:50

Don’t be blinded by the light that seems to be radiating from the chest of my six year old. That is the reflector in case we let him play in the middle of the road in the dark one day. Which we just might, never say never.

getting ready to shovel from here to eternity

The problem with having a six year old help you shovel is that their idea of help and your idea of help are vastly different.

His idea of helping was climbing on top of the snowbanks as I shoveled them and sliding down. In the process knocking the snow back down on to the driveway.

My 12 yr old is sick. But on the bright side it meant that I got to wear his warm snow pants and ski gloves. Such a fashionista out there aren’t I.

Comments

1. Woman with Kids says:

That’s how the boys helped me shovel too. And you know what? It’s hard to yell at them while hiding inside your jacket. Loses something being muffled and all.

2. Country Mouse says:

You can wear your 12 year old’s clothes? Can I hate you now?

3. crazy8s says:

I too am jealous of your ability to wear your 12-year-old’s pants. Who cares about being a fashionista when you’ve got those kind of thighs?

4. Alisa says:

This storm is killin me!!!!! Here in Ct-we got an inch of snow and all kinds of nonstop sleet-there is nothing worse than a snow day and you can’t play in the snow!!!!! I haven’t had a moment of peace all day!! I love your posts!!!

5. MJ says:

Well you know the old adage … Go play in the street…

6. Denise says:

ooooh I can’t wait till mine is 12 so I can borrow his snow pants! I don’t have any of my own!
    the cupcakes are cute.. we made banana bread!

7. Tricia says:

Hate to repeat, but your 12 year old’s clothes? I am so impressed!

8. sarcastic journalist says:

Us people in Texas would like to know what the white stuff on the ground is.

9. Paige says:

You poor woman. Trapped in all that snow with nothing to eat but candy and cupcakes. And nothing to do but shovel snow and blog. I’d choose blogging, too. And I must say that I, too, am shocked that you can wear the 12 year old’s clothes. Wow.

Enjoy the white stuff.

10. Holli Smith says:

ALRIGHT!!!! DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE THE INJUSTICE IN THIS?!?!?
    How do you eat cupcakes, hamburgers, fries, have SEVEN kids and STILL remain itty bitty?!
    You are so cute!