Peter Pan is for the birds

Peter Pan is for the birds

February 16, 2007

Continuing the February Family we will have fun or die trying dammit month, I have a project up on my other blog for those of you with Peter Pan peanut butter.

Was your peanut butter one of the ones that was recalled? Ours was, though we had already eaten 3/4 of the jar and I felt fairly certain that it wasn’t contaminated, but why risk it.

So I thought the perfect project for us to do was one that involved using up the rest of the peanut butter in the jar.

Comments

1. Gigi says:

Ours was too! We had two open jars, both mostly eaten. We threw the rest away, but what a great idea to feed it to the birds.

2. jodi says:

I should have done that also but I threw mine away and slid across the driveway to the trashcan.

3. Cathy says:

mmmm….I wonder if there are dead birds or squirrels littering your woods nearby? Do they get salmonella? We once spent a lovely afternoon making these for birds, hanging them in trees, only to see squirrels carrying off the entire cone to their hidden stash somewhere. If only I’d had a bb gun.
    Cathy

4. Kristi says:

Yep, sending in the lid even though we are all perfectly healthy after half the jar is gone. The salmonella could be lingering at the bottom. You just don’t know.

5. rachel says:

brilliant!

We almost bought Peter Pan the other day because MG went to grab the pb and grabbed that. I had to go down the aisle again anyhow and switched it for our Skippy Natural. Yeesh on all the scary stuff.

6. ben says:

In Houston, the day after the recall, school officials were confiscating home-made peanut butter sandwiches and giving the kids school-made ones.