Things to which I am definitely not allergic

Things to which I am definitely not allergic

March 20, 2007

1. Diet coke
2. Bananas
3. Oxygen
4. Benadryl

Food. It is so over rated.

Comments

1. Kerry says:

Wait, are you saying that you are having symptoms from other foods? Scary!

2. Karly says:

You are probably also not allergic to broccoli or spinach or lima beans. Just the way the world works.

3. jaxter says:

and probably not liver either, sadly. Sorry to hear the allergic news - I have a friend who is so allergic to apples she even blows up when her husband kisses her after eating one - so watch out for that too!

4. briana says:

I would be scared to eat anything myself. Rice is probably fairly safe. The people on survivor all seem to do well with that. :)

And I’m glad to see that you are alright with oxygen. That’s an important one.

5. Danielle says:

Do you really need more than Benedryl and Diet Coke? The Benedryl would make me sleep and the Diet Coke would keep me awake. What more do you want?

I thought of you today when I was making corn bread to go with our dinner. I had to add two eggs and thought how you wouldn’t be able to eat it. :(

Gotta love Diet Coke!

7. Renae says:

I really hope you are feeling better soon. Such a scary expereince to have gone through. Once you find out from the Dr’s what foods are safe for you there’s a great resource from http://www.foodallergy.org. The organization is called FAAN. The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network. You must know that you truly make my day, by sharing your life and thoughts on your blog.

8. Dawn says:

My husband, who dearly loved onions, especially those long green ones, developed an onion allergy about 6.5 years ago. Just out of the blue. It took us two years to figure out which food was causing the allergy because onion powder is in just about everything! You know those little goldfish crackers…”the little fish that smile back until you bite their heads off”…crackers, even they have onion powder. Eating out is a nightmare.

These later in life allergies weird me out. Good luck with your allergy test…I hope it turns out to be some freak occurrence and not an allergy to eggs…

9. Liz in Australia says:

Oh boy. I hope you can get some useful answers from an allergist soon!

10. ali says:

thank heavens for small favors…being allergic to diet coke would be true hell on earth :)

11. Lane says:

Well thank GOD you aren’t allergic to Diet Coke. Can you imagine? The horrors.

12. kate says:

that about sums up the list I am not allergic too as well minus the benedryl! Horrible I tell ya!

13. kathy says:

Oh Chris; it could be so much worse. Can you imagine the absolute horror of (I don’t know if I can bring myself to type it…) allergy to Coffee??? OH NO!!!! I think I’m going to put that in my living will. If I ever develop an allergy to coffee I want NO HEROIC MEASURES!

14. Anna says:

How is milk? A strange person (you know the kind- they keep talking when you want them to go away) told me that it’s possible to live on bananas and milk.

And diet coke. ;)

15. Sara says:

Bananas + Diet Coke=Breakfast of Champions.

16. Wendy says:

What about Easter candy? I am sure you can survive on that.

17. Meg says:

Honey, those are four of the five food groups. What about alky-hol?

Now the alky-hol would be a true travesty. No more martinis!!!!

I’m praying you aren’t allergice to chocolate. Or alcohol.

20. Anna says:

Wendy-
    Most of the Easter candy is out, too, if I recall correctly.
    Tootsie rolls have soy lecithin, though, so they’re safe. Yum!

21. Holli Smith says:

My prayer for the day - please Lord don’t ever let me allergic to chocolate or coffee! I can live the rest of my life on the those two ingredients!
    Does chocolate have eggs in it? For your sanity I surely hope not!

22. Julie says:

I agree with all the diet coke fans..Thank goodness!!

Love the diet coke, but you’ve got to get something good like cookies on the list!

24. Sue says:

As long as chocolate doesn’t make the allergic list you should be ok…and the diet coke cancels out the chocolate calories!

25. Sheryl says:

Seriously though, what all did you end up being allergic to? Did you suddenly develop allergies to a bunch of foods? That is just scary, and no fun.

26. rachel says:

absolutely.

Hey - my current food group is Coke and Mary Janes - no egg, dairy, or gluten in them! ;) I hope you can stay in one piece until you can see the allergist.

Wish I was closer so I could cook for you. I’ve done egg-free cooking for a while.

27. Y says:

Sometimes, I WISH I was allergic to food, so that I would stop eating and lose weight, but then I remember that I AM allergic to watermelon and a buttload of other fruits and I STILL eat them, because I am a pig who doesn’t mind not being able to breath properly due to a swollen throat because IT TASTES SO GOOD.

28. Maureen says:

Whew. That’s lucky, because I would have a hard time choosing between diet coke and oxygen.

29. The Wooden Porch says:

I’m allergic to poopy diapers.

But nobody around my home cares.

30. Loni says:

Please hop on over to Kelli in the Mirror’s blog and wish her a very Happy Birthday!

31. Alissa says:

i bet you’re allergic to swedish fish.

32. Beth F. says:

Damn! I was hoping to see housework on the list. I was pulling for you!

33. meredith says:

Well, have you ever heard of the four ingredient cookbook?

I hope you get this allergy thing straightened out :)

34. Kristie says:

At least Swedish Fish aren’t on the list.

35. Twisted Cinderella says:

Ugh you poor thing! I hope you get answers soon.

36. Me says:

i have recently discovered i can’t eat apples, pears, peaches, plums (all in that family) as i get a reaction to my lips it feels if they are going to burst they swell and blister my throat becomes very itchy and aggrovated. i no it’s the skin because i have previously peelecd the skin before i eat such foods and not a had a problem after. can i find a name for this so i can look out for it in other foods?? thank u