No one was injured in the writing of this post

No one was injured in the writing of this post

March 22, 2007

I am here in NYC. Having arrived safely in spite of becoming trapped inside of a subway turnstile.

I realized that I forgot my power cord at home, making my laptop, in effect, a heavy, heavy paperweight. So now I am slightly stressing over how I am going to live blog tomorrow from the conference.

Okay, more than slightly stressing.

The prednisone that I am taking for my allergic reaction is making me feel very scatterbrained.

And, while I love fruit it is getting a little boring to eat for every meal.

Comments

1. Christina says:

First! I have to admit to reading Mir first and she enlightened on the stuck in the turnstile incident - hope you have luck finding power for your paperweight!

2. dcfullest says:

Can you husband overnight it to you?

3. Ashley says:

On a good note, won’t this fruit eating thing help your jeans fit better??

how about meat? and there is always veggies. Sounds miserable!

5. Dani says:

In an effort to make you feel better, I currently have a friend whose son is allergic to milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, cats… um and a couple that I’ve forgotten. She says it helps to make a list of all the things you can eat. She’s also forsworn all the above mentioned items since she is currently breastfeeding. Since he’s allergic to the formula she doesn’t really have much choice. She is losing weight though and looks great.
    Have fun in NY. Drink some wine. Wine makes everything better.

6. briana says:

But the rashes are gone, right?
    Hope you feel better soon, Mrs. Scatterbrained One. :)

7. Keri says:

You can go to a local computer store and buy a new power cord, use it and then take it back to the store before you head on home. ;) Or keep it for future emergencies.

Get yourself a power cord! Must live blog.

As for the fruit, damn girl. Think of all the weight you’re losing.

9. Meg - badhomeschoolmom says:

You can usually buy a replacement cord at circuit city or best buy for cheaper than the cost of overnighting it to you. I have two cords for my computer because I lose everything!

Have fun!

Ok, I can totally relate to the prednisone. My doctor but me on a pack for a really bad cold. Now I suddenly zone out in the middle of a thought/conversation/action. It’s only day 2!!!!!

11. Connie says:

Love your blog!

So col that you are visiting the city.
    Check out Compusa at 57th & Broadway or 5th Ave & 37th Street to get a new power cord.

12. Elizabeth says:

Some higher end hotels, if they are conference hotels…usually in there business office rent power cords for computers. I had to rent a cord for my cell phone once when I was away.

13. Y says:

Quit rubbing it in that you’re in NY, please.

Thank you.

14. Qalballah says:

We all go through tests Chris. Health is something we take so much for granted. Your kids sound wonderful and I’m wondering if I could fake a reaction to get my house cleaned by my family too… hell, yeah, like that would work. First they would have to notice I’m dead or something….could take a while…

15. Kitty says:

If you have a Dell - the power cords you can buy at stores will not usually be compatible with your laptop. I unfortunately found this out during the middle of law school exams when I lost my cord. Definitely call the store and ask before wasting your precious trip time.

16. Heather B. says:

Sweetie, it’s NY…they have EVERYTHING.

And you live in Connecticut. Which, if I remember correctly is right near NY, so Rob can just FedEx it.

Look at me being all rational shit. Had I forgotten my power cord, I would have shit a brick. But I’m being rational for you, Chris.

17. GraceD says:

Mah bitches Mir and Chris, in the Big City ready to crotch kick any fool stupid enough to mess with ‘em. Take pics if you happen to indulge in that sort of activity, would you?

xoxoxo

18. daring one says:

I hate you all. I hope you’re having fun. :)

19. Mom101 says:

The good thing about a blogging conference? A couple other people there might have power cords.

Also fruit.

20. dorothy says:

Fortunately, soon you will know what you are allergic to and not have to be so careful! I feel for you.

21. Meghan says:

I had to take prendisone when I had inexplicable hives. It made my jumpy as all get-out and just plain goofy. Hope you are off of it soon! Have fun in New York!

22. Beth B. says:

At least you can eat chicken! I need to look for no soy, vegan, no egg chocolate for you…At least fruit and veggies are good for you. The stars eat the same diet, that must mean you are a star yourself.

Great partying with you in NYC.

23. Lisa Stone says:

Chris, I loved seeing you. Thank you so much for excellent live-blogging. I promise to bring exotic beersfruits from California for BlogHer ‘07 in Chicago. :)