Spreading the love

Spreading the love

March 30, 2007

Did you know today was Stop cyber bullying day? Well it is. And in honor of it I am spreading the cyber love with some links. And I am not just doing that because I have writers block and nothing to write. Nope,not at all.

Antique Mommy
, who writes about becoming cool, and now I am sure that I am the very last peprson in America still using a walkman so large I should probably hoist it up on my shoulder to carry it around.

Jurgen Nation, who shares her hilarious prom photos, though the fact that she went to her high school prom in 1995 makes my geriatric head explode. I wonder if parents let their daughters buy ridiculous prom dresses just so they can have the photos for purposes of bribery later.

And patio dresses! My eyes!! MY EYES!!!

Not that Fluid Pudding needs anymore links, but I have been there before. And lived to laugh about it later. Also, are kids smarter these days, or are we just getting stupider in our old age like I suspected when I was 14 years old.

Another blogger who probably doesn’t need anymore links, but she is so darn cute and has the most adorable accent I want to put her in my pocket and make her talk to me all day. Also, I want her hair. Miss Zoot asks a bunch of questions about blogging concepts that she wants answers to dammit. So go answer them.

Susan who was going to liveblog taking shelter and wearing a bicycle helmet in her bathroom during a tornado for me. Instead we talked about the most boring minutia of our days that isn’t even worthy of blog fodder. Although now it is.

And of course Mom101, who writes about spreading the nice on Stop cyber bullying day.

So, who are you spreading the love to today?

Comments

1. Jessica says:

Ironically, I, who rarely links to anyone, linked to you today… Must have been fate.

2. Jenny of Adventures in Parenting says:

I love this as a way to celebrate “stop cyber bullying day”… am going to spread some love too!!

3. Mom101 says:

Well I guess I will spread it back to you by not making fun of your Walkman.

(Really? A Walkman?)

Liz, we should take up a collection and get Chris an iPod. Or a patio dress!

5. Jurgen Nation says:

Oooh, I love the idea of Stop Cyber Bullying Day! I’ve been reading some…interesting stuff and I’m a little put off by a lot of it. I’m just not sure why people are so terrible to others. Not you, though. LOVE YOU.

6. nabbalicious says:

Aw. You are so awesome, Chris! I heart you! Thanks for spreading the love.

Sorry about the patio dresses, though. No one really deserves to see that.

7. Nancy says:

Check out Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. Ree is totally funny. I can’t remember the link, but just google this and it pops right up. She just won a Bloggie award last month for best undiscovered blog.

8. Mist 1 says:

I didn’t know it was Stop Cyber Bullying Day. Now I feel really bad about all those anonymous comments I left. Damn. I wish I had read this first.

9. Daisy says:

The patio dresses! Ouch! If I wore one of those, people would ask for my due date. And my “baby” is 15!!

10. MyDuckies says:

Wow- patio dresses. I can’t imagine ANYONE wearing those things. Even my grams would run away from those!! She favors the animak print 80’s spandex with sparkles. Maybe THAT will show up in the next cataloges!!

11. Melanie says:

I don’t have any magical blog gems that everyone doesn’t already read, but patio dresses are just, wow. My grandmother wears them and I had no idea that’s what they were called, or why anyone would wear such a thing.

12. Mary W says:

READ ME!!!!

13. KathyB says:

Oh my god….those stinking patio dresses were freakin’ hilarious! I mean…I think that my 80 year old Floridian grandma wears that last one, but no one our age. Funny Funny…you are definitely spreading the love today.

14. The Wooden Porch says:

Ok, so I totally have a walkman, and to make it worse, I just bought it less than a month ago. I know, it’s awful, but here’s a wonderful little secret: I call it my iPod. Yup, when the phone rings or something, I just say, “hang on, let me get my iPod off.” I don’t know if in the long run it does any good, but it at least makes me feel cool just to be about to say “my iPod”.

15. daring one says:

Writer’s block? What’s that?

And while we’re not on the subject, Laylee is currently running around and screeching like a dying horse. I am afraid. Please hold me.

16. Cathy says:

I had to laugh, because this same woman in the house dress was in the photo I blogged last year! I think she’s aged a lot in one year.

Here are slippers to go with the dress.