Conversation with a three year old

Conversation with a three year old

April 7, 2007

Wearing a hat

“Mommy, I can’t wait for the Easter Bunny to come. She is going to bring me lots of toys and bubbles!”

Thinking over the recent purchases the Easter bunny has made…

“Well, I don’t think she is bringing bubbles this year. She might bring you a small toy or two, but mostly she brings candy! Don’t you like candy?”

“Yes, but I know the Easter Bunny is bringing me bubbles.”

“Uh, I don’t think she is.”

“YES SHE IS.”

“I wouldn’t count on it.”

“YES.”

“I really don’t think so.”

“YES SHE IS BRINGING ME BUBBLES.”

Thinking over things I have in the house that she might be appeased with….

“Maybe she could bring you your own bar of soap! Wouldn’t you like that? Soap is bubbly”

“NO”

Sigh.

Comments

1. Annika says:

And here I am in California with more bubbles than I know what to do with. Sigh.

2. Lisa says:

LOL! That reminds me of the Christmas when the ONLY thing my daughter asked Santa for was a scooter. A week before Christmas. And she’d NEVER mentioned a scooter before. Ever.
    Kids…
    So, now the BIG question becomes…are you running to the store for bubbles?

3. Anna says:

Got any old (almost empty) bubble containers that you could fill with dish soap and water? :-) A little lame but might work in a pinch…

4. Karly says:

See ya at Wal-mart around midnight tonight. I’ll be there after putting together the Easter baskets and deciding they don’t look full enough. Gah.

5. Lilly says:

Anna has a great idea there. Are there any small pretty almost empty (perfume maybe?) bottles around that could stand in for a bubble bottle? You can fill it with dish soap and water and tie a pink ribbon around it…?

6. Student Nurse Nancy says:

Ah yes, bubbles. BTW, you take the most amazing pictures. Can I somehow convince you to come down to the warm south and take pictures of my family because well, I stink at doing that? I’ll pay you. With gluten-free cookies, cakes and other confections.

7. Daisy says:

I’m impressed that the little darling knows the Easter Bunny must be a “she” bunny. No Peter Cottontail hopping down your bunny trail — with or without bubbles!

8. Deputy's Wife says:

Local convenience stores carry bubbles… get going mom… I get all warm and fuzzy inside when they change their minds about Santa’s gift. On Christmas Eve.

“Procrastination Station” heading somehow morphed into “Conjunction Function” in my mind. I now can’t get it out of my head…

9. Wendy says:

The Bunny needs the bubbles to hop on to get around to all the houses in time. Therefore if the bunny gives you her bubbles then she wouldnt be able to come at all.

I like that the Easter bunny is female. Of course, she is female. Who else can get to everyone’s house in one night? That is why Santa cant be real. No man can do that.

10. bluepaintred says:

yup.. dish soap and water. works like a charm!

11. Danielle says:

I know that Target still has bubbles. Just don’t look in the Easter isle because that has been destored and people are starting to elbow eachother. Look in the toy section.

Don’t ask how I know this. Just don’t ask.

12. Paige says:

I love that picture of her. It’s captivating.

13. Anne says:

uhoh, oops. Now that I think about it I could have gotten bubbles for the kids. lol They just got a small toy and a yoyo and few things of candy lol

14. Mom of All Seasons says:

Oh, she got bubbles…, didn’t she…

15. MyDuckies says:

Why is it that ONLY our daughters have things figured out? Ms. EasterBunny- obviously! Mine says that the daddy bunnys are too busy watching baseball and mowing the lawn to fix up baskets. Boys can’t tie bows!!

BTW, I hope She brings me bubbles too!!!

16. Denise says:

Our Easter bunny is in Toronto on business!! So the substitute Easter bunny improvised with a breakfast of dyed eggs using kool aid and vinegar to dye them and then sneaking out of the church during sunday school to do the rest!

No bubbles..

17. jody2ms says:

I had a similiar conversation with Quinn early this morning prior to the rest of the house waking. He was saying “I can’t wait to see the Bionicle and Play Station game the Easter bunny brought me”. Cringe! The Easter Bunny was not bringing a Play Station game. No way, no how.

18. Rachel says:

heh. the easter bunny brought MY kids bubbles. I guess she likes them better. :P

The easter bunny also brought a lot of games for some reason

Don’t you just love a three year old’s reasoning. I want it, therefore I shall have it.
    Your little girl is so cute.

20. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Adorable precious photo … you are good! Hope your Easter was full of smiles.

21. suburban turmoil says:

How sweet! My three-year-old spent yesterday’s egg hunt running around grabbing eggs and shouting “And now they’ll NEVER get my eggs now!” triumphantly. Possessive much?

22. Darren McLikeshimself says:

Maybe she was saying baubles?