The aftermath

The aftermath

April 9, 2007

I had thought about liveblogging the aftermath of Easter.

This mess causes me physical pain

All the candy and wrappers strewn across my floor is causing immeasurable amounts of pain to my anal retentive heart. I have had to do some deep breathing to resist the urge to get out the vacuum and suck it all up. I am confident that my beloved Dyson could handle it.

Not so certain about the delicate psyches of my PRESHUS children.

But really how much fun would it be to look at photo after photo of blurry children.

Running in circles, hopped up on candy

Children who are blurry because they are so hopped up on sugar they can not sit still.

He hasn't sat still all day

Miles has probably run a marathon today. Just in a circle around the candy.

My blurry child

He pauses only to bend down and throw handfuls of candy across the room in an attempt to catch them in his mouth.

My daughter, however, has smartly parked herself in front of the candy bowl. Where she digs with her brand new Dora shovel selectively choosing the pieces she wants to eat. Chocolate pieces.

Further evidence of female superiority.

Comments

1. bgirl says:

After all the candy I’ve eaten, my children look blurry to me, too.

2. Woman with Kids says:

Ohmygod, she’s brilliant! Chocolate by the shovelful… Genius.

3. julie says:

My heart is leeping with joy to see another house that looks just like mine. How come you dont have all the plastic easter grass all over also???? It makes the whole floor look so pretty when it is mixed in with the candy. It also has a nice way of getting stuck between your toes as you are trying to navigate the mine field.

4. TW says:

Good grief Chris! I blink at your household perfection a lot. I even growl about you from time to time, but this takes the cake. Insanity! Even in our messy house this would be a rule violation. (But of course dogs, cats and siblings would consume it all before a child could be fingered for such!) Still…giggle and sigh…

5. daring one says:

I’m thinking of packing it all up and sending it out to work with Dan. It’s not the kids I’m worried about. I’m not in shape to run a marathon but this sugar is making me believe I can do all kinds of things.

6. Shelly says:

What about the bubbles????

7. maggie says:

Preshus indeed! I’m at work and I wish I’d brought some of the chocolate that’s at my house instead of a hard boiled egg…

8. jen says:

I like how your children have cunningly worn your floorboards to a wonderful shine in their manic sugariness overdrive.

Oh, they haven’t? They’re always this shiny?

Please tell me you tie dusters to their knees….

9. cce says:

I’m with Jen…don’t people slip and fall on those gleaming, slick floors? Our nasty candy-fest has yet to begin as we were all overcome with plague and had no appetite for chocolate. I’m thinking that five pounds I lost through vomiting, a radical but effective diet plan, might too easily re-find me once the appetite returns and the Easter baskets are tapped. Perhaps I’ll take photos of us running around in blurry circles, stopping to gorge and roll around in the pet hair and run some more.

10. Danielle says:

Please get out the Dyson. Please. For the love of God. I can’t stand it.

11. Angela says:

Dyin’ here. ROTFLMHO and snorting too…. Tooo funny!

12. CathyC says:

I know this post is about candy, but I LOVE your floor!!!! LOVE!

13. jody2ms says:

Hey, no fair!! Where is the Easter Hell Grass? Did you skip that part, because if you did, you are cheating. ;*)

My floors on sunday were not visible. I am not even kidding a little. I have never seen anything like it in our home…ever. Then it dawned on me why everything was in chaos….Bill was not home and noone was vacuuming every few hours.

14. Brandi says:

Please tell me how you get/keep your floors that nice looking. I have just inherited (rental house) a hardwood floor that looks as if it was polished with a rock. Pumice. Other than cleaning it with Murphy’s Wood Soap I have done nothing because I am not sure what to do. Frankly, I think they need to strip the floor and give it a good sanding, then reseal. But thats just me and I’m not holding the checkbook for this house. :-)

Your children are too fun! And, as always, your sarcastic cup runneth over, which I love.

15. Nicole says:

Where did you get the cupboard your TV is on? It is exactly what we have been looking for!
    Love your blog (and your cute kids)!

Miles is sooo cute.

17. fairly odd mother says:

Your Floors! I’m blinded by their shiny perfection. Are there even children in those pictures? All I can see are those floors. Sigh.

18. Melanie says:

Wow, he’s candy-fast! I love all those baskets in the entertainment center.

19. kittyhox says:

I am cracking up at the three photos in which your son is just a blur! Classic.

20. kittyhox says:

Also, I love those two large baskets stacked together. If you happen to read this, are they an Ikea find?