The Little Known Holiday

The Little Known Holiday

April 9, 2007

Our people celebrate this holiday twice a year. The day after Easter and November 1st.

It is the Day of the Sugar Rollercoaster.

Also known as the Day Before Mom Throws Away All The Leftover Candy

Also known as the Day to Eat Candy Until You Might Vomit.

Also known as the Day Mom Makes Vague Threats of NEVER AGAIN.

Candy Frenzy

Hope you enjoy your day as much as I will be enjoying mine. Sarcasm is intended.

Comments

1. Sara says:

Is that Rob in the corner of the picture? He looks like he’s making a grab for the goods too! We celebrate the exact same holiday. What a coincidence….

2. Heth says:

We celebrate a similar holiday known as “The Day Mom Secretly Steals All the Good Candy and Eats it Herself.”

3. Wendy says:

I think we celebrate this holiday, too. I just dont realize it.

I ate too much candy. I think I might vomit. Make room at the porcelain throne.

4. Zoot says:

In my house, this day is called “The day the kids yell at mom for eating all of their candy and Mom vehemently denies all responsibility - blaming the dogs.”

5. CathyC says:

We always celebrate this day!!! Ever since I was a kid. Why stop now? Enjoy!

6. Merry says:

Aaaaaaah, that’s what’s wrong….

7. MyDuckies says:

We found a solution, maybe. We “accidentally” left most of the candy at Grandmas house.

But then again, instead of having 2 days of candy overload- we have the Post-Sunday Visit Syndrome. Same situation, just on a smaller scale. Most of the time. Well, some of the time :)

8. bgirl says:

I know where your plastic eggs are. They’re at my house. Or mine multiplied in the attic this winter. I mean, eggs do have a reputation for reproducing, right? (rim shot.) Great photos, by the way!

9. fairly odd mother says:

We celebrate this holiday too! I did make them wait until 10am to begin the chomping which is a big improvement over November 1st when they all had lollipops in their mouth by 7:30am. I cannot believe how much candy we have in this house. Must be 10 pounds. Gross, gross, gross. Hope everyone ends up with a tummyache and no desire to eat candy ever again.

10. sweethomealagirl says:

I always let them eat as much as they want, so it’s all gone quickly. I figure 24 hours of candy isn’t awful in the scheme of things :)

11. Liz in Australia says:

I must have fairly unnatural children. I let mine eat as much as they want, and after a while they decide they’d rather have breakfast. They still have half-full baskets on Tuesday morning…

12. Holli Smith says:

I see Dad is in there too! Now that’s funny!
    Mine is so used to having candy that it’s no big deal. I bring the leftover candy from the previous holiday to here at work.