A drawing of me

A drawing of me

April 10, 2007

Aside from the fact that my limbs come directly out of my head, I am a little frightened by the size of my nostrils.

Writing Mom on her paper

Comments

1. Niki says:

But just look at those BEAUTIFUL lashes!

2. Jess says:

What big eyes you have….. she did a wonderful job.

3. The Wooden Porch says:

I think Niki said it all. :-)

4. Angela says:

Do you think the fact you’re drawn in black have anything to do with your taking away the Easter candy? ROTFL!

5. Woman with Kids says:

Love the hair-do though, and your eyelashes? So thick and lovely.

There is, however, an alarming lack of cute shoes in the picture…

6. Merry says:

But woah! to the nose - she is a genius artist already. I can’t do a nose like that :)

7. Personal Chef to 2 says:

Okay, am I the only one cringing at the site of the black marker and the white shirt?

LOL Tell me I’m not!

nothing to say that hasn’t already been said!! ROtFL too.

9. Kathleen says:

What? No tablecloth…I’m getting nervous with markers on the wood table, it doesn’t always wash off you know. On the other hand who would be able to stop a beautiful art work in progress. I love early people drawings…my favorite!

10. Deputy's Wife says:

My, what big nostrils you have…

11. Reyn Lee says:

I love the picture

12. angelfeet says:

It’s a great picture, especially the nostrils.

P.S. Baby Wipes get anything off anything, so the table/marker thing will be a doddle.

13. Polly says:

Baby wipes, windex or magic eraser take care of most marker mishaps. Can’t live without any of them.
    Chris, are you feeling better now that there is sunshine in your life again? I’m loving all your pictures and posts these days.
    Thanks for letting us into your home each day!

14. Daisy says:

Why does the term “Pearls before swine” come to mind? I’ve never seen such lovely nostrils, really.

15. Anna says:

I hope those fabulous long legs get a pair of equally fabulous shoes before she’s done her picture!

16. Kini says:

Awww… how sweet! I still have a few of those pictures that my (just turned) 12 year old daughter made back in those days. :)

17. Pastormac's Ann says:

Are you related to Mr. Potato Head?

18. Grim Reality Girl says:

I love, love, LOVE the photos you take of your kids. There is something magic about capturing moments…. my kids recognize me by the shape of the camera lense in front of my face… but I don’t worry. I am grateful that the camera allows me to capture this very instant…. the wonder of a child putting to paper the way she views the world. The head and limbs in the picture — who needs a body? You think therefore you are. Your limbs do the work — who needs a torso? Ah….. the wonders of youth.

Please frame this picture…. it is what childhood is all about…

19. Mom of All Seasons says:

I think you look truly lovely in this picture, and I can tell that your daughter thinks so too. Lucky, lucky you.

20. Krisco says:

That is a little disturbing. On the other hand, from her perspective -namely, down there looking up at you - it might be accurate. : )

21. Surviving Motherhood says:

Killer eye lashes!

22. Kay says:

The eye lashes are really nice … and the hair … just focus on the good ones … lol!

I’m loving your blog …

23. CathyC says:

Your little girl is precious!

24. mary anne says:

I’m impressed by the fine motor skills! My kids drew family pictures like that going into middle school. I think she has your artist genes chris. Loved the picture of the dyson yesterday. I had to haul mine out and repair the damage around these parts after looking at the pictures of your spotless floors.
    mak

25. Kim says:

Love the art work… I sure do miss those kind of drawings… now I get I heart johnny depp!!! and WIN TWINS… it’s still sweet but… they grow up too fast… as for your clutter… where is it??? your home is not cluttered.. it is BEAUTIFUL…

26. jamie says:

You know, I was soooo sad when my daughter stopped drawing the pictures with the legs and arms coming out of the head! Thankfully, I have two more kids to look forward to doing that!

27. Crisanne says:

I LOVE it!! I love those early people drawings!

28. Colleen says:

That looks almost exactly like the people my little sister used to draw (especially the nose) and I’ve got to tell you, she’s an AMAZING artist now.

Seriously. I wouldn’t kid. There’s talent in that kid of yours.

29. Ashley says:

Im impressed, she did a great job and great details. I love the nostrils.

30. cce says:

My daughter also has the tendency to draw limbs jutting out from odd places like she doesn’t see the purpose in shoulders or hips or necks for that matter. I’m with the few here that are alarmed by the marker and its proximity to white shirt, wood table, etc. This is bold and free form parenting on your part. I admire your ability to give her artistic freedom whatever the medium: permanent marker, oil based pastel, jessoed canvases with vegetable dye block prints.

31. Sue says:

That definitely should get framed (or hung on the refrig)…and I’m envious of your long eyelashes!

32. Rachel says:

I like your eyes - I hadn’t noticed the nostrils until you said something.

She does great work for her age! My 3yo barely draws circles for heads!

33. Holly says:

Hey, Chris….Since you cant eat eggs anymore, you can at least watch an egg song right? THis is hilarious! I saw it and for some stupid reason, I thought of you.

Oh, and I wish I could be a clean as you. I have 8, and let me tell you…..people know I have that many and sometimes think I have more. I am a clutterholic…Wish I wasn’t.

34. Mary W says:

what a great picture. Her hasndwriting is admirable :-)

35. Tonya says:

I have just recently stumbled upon your blog and I’m in love! I sure wish someone would tell me how to take pictures like you. I think I saw that you have the same camera as I (Kodak z740, right? Or something like that?) But my pics don’t look anything like that!! Gorgeous!

36. Ashlee says:

I LOVE IT! My daughter draws the arms straight out of the head too! so cute!

37. fairly odd mother says:

Adorable photo although, yes, the nostrils are a bit interesting. I’d kill for those lashes, though.

38. Joy H says:

Awesome — I love seeing the progression and development of art. She’s precious.