It’s like living on Fantasy Island

It’s like living on Fantasy Island

April 11, 2007

You know if my fantasy was to never eat bread again, live in a place Spring has forgotten, and be surrounded by needy people who are under 3 feet tall and can’t wipe their own butts.

My very own Tattoo.

Da Plane, Da Plane

“Da Plane, Mama! Da Plane!!”

Comments

1. Mir says:

You’re SURROUNDED by people who can’t wipe their own butts? Is there something about the older ones you need to tell us? ;)

P.S. Broooowwwwwnies! Delicious, gluten-free brownies!

2. bgirl says:

I can’t say enough about that smart coat & hat, though.

3. Chris says:

Mir,

Those that are under 3ft tall can’t wipe their own butts. Perhaps surrounded was an exaggeration ;-)

That is just too funny.
    He is way cuter than Tattoo.

5. Carolynn says:

I LOVE the coat and hat, can we see a pic of it from the front?

Chris do you have a franchise called “Muffin Break ” anywhere you guys are as they now do quite a lot of their Muffins both sweet and savoury Gluten Free now. They say they have stores in The States too. wwwmuffinbreak.com.au

I have quite a few friends over there that are still surrounded by snow, tell you what we’ll exchange our long hot summer for some of your snow and rain. PLEASE.

CJ

6. Carolynn says:

Here being Western Australia for above comment.

CJ

7. Danielle says:

Why don’t you come to Florida and stay with me for a week or two? You can even bring the kids. You can have Little Girl’s Room and we will make your seven and my three sleep in the boys room. It would be cramped but you could go outside in the 85 degree and sunny weather. I’m so not kidding either.

8. Sheen the "Cheeriobutt" says:

Man this one made me laugh! You are a cool person. You have probably already heard that before, but not from me! so now it is special! ;)
    Anyways, I was hoping you might get a chance to stop by and read my latest post. I thought you might enjoy it!
    p.s. What part of the fantasy island are you on and how come I never see you? I guess those butts keep you busy! Ha!

9. fairly odd mother says:

Yeah, no spring here either and I get my fair share of butt wiping too. May you find delicious baked goods soon so that at least you can enjoy 1 out of 3 things.

10. Lane says:

Gah, I love you. Seriously, I know we’ve never met, but let’s run away together. We can leave the kids.

11. Keiko says:

Hey there…
    I’ve been reading your blog for a while (both of them), and really…you’re my hero! All I want to be when I grow up :-), for all the reasons, sense of humor first, great writing, wonderful picture!! (how do you do it?? super ultra special camera or just a “good eye”?) cute beautiful kids, and lots of them! What I want for myself too! (I’ve got one so far…still a long way to go)
    Just though it was high time you knew it!

Keiko

12. Eve says:

You have an amazing sense of humor!

13. Rachel says:

lol! but coookies. and I’ll come visit and make you focaccia. Unfortunately, it’ll have to wait until after the weather knows it’s spring!

14. Woman with Kids says:

I think I’m trapped in that same fantasy. Well, except for the 3 feet tall people who can’t wipe their own butts… but the lack of spring, and food limitations and the neediness? Got it in spades.

He’s so cute!

I’m afraid that this is going to be one of these years where we go from freezing temps straight to 80 degrees and humidity. I want spring! (minus the pollen and allergies)

16. Kristen says:

OMG with the butt wiping. When mine turns “butt-wiping-age,” I’m just going to use the pressure washer on his ass.

I don’t even like touching my own ass, let alone someone elses.

17. maria says:

My son tells me “I’m the best butt wiper in the world!” I’m not sure how to take that but it does make me laugh;)

Hang in there - spring will come