Choose the correct answer

Choose the correct answer

April 15, 2007

How you do not want to be woken up on a Sunday morning:

a) By a screaming toddler who is smacking your head, in spite of your best efforts to keep your head safely under the covers

b) At the crack of dawn

c) A toddler who is screaming, “SNOW!!! MOMMY!! SNOOOOOOW OUTSIDE!!!!”

d) All of the above in the middle of April

If you answered d, you are the winner! Please come to my house to pick up your snow and a screaming toddler.

Comments

1. Lucie says:

I will come and pick up said toddler-only if I can leave the snow. What the heck is up with this winter. I mean Spring.

PS Only will take toddler if you come and get the 19 year old snoring in my basement who left the damp dog towels on the carpet.

2. Mir says:

I have my own snow, thanks, and I’ll only take the screaming toddler if you throw in a roll of duct tape. ;)

3. Kellie says:

While I picked the correct answer…I have my OWN snow and my OWN toddler..granted, she’s not screaming, but it’s still early in the day :) I may be willing to reconsider if you throw in a kickin’ pair of shoes and some random piece of something from IKEA??

4. jody2ms says:

It is chilly here……..no snow. But the beach was out this weekend due to high wind and low temps.

Today is sunny, clear and is supposed to warm up. I hope the trend continues, as I am jonsing for a 5′er trip to the beach next weekend.

5. Anne says:

lol see I was going to opt out of picking any of those lol since I woke to a cell phone ringing not once but twice. Snow on the ground in spots and too dam cold to even thing about going outside in the sun.

6. Kate says:

How about a weather/toddler trade? It’s 55 degrees here and my toddler doesn’t wake up at the crack of dawn. (Of course, that’s because he was up screaming for an hour and a half in the dead of the night, refusing to be comforted by any previously acceptable means. But! 55 degrees!!)

7. Carolynn says:

I’ll leave the screaming toddler thankyou but would love the snow.

At last we have had rain today quite heavy so the washing I hung out just before leaving for work is now wetter than it was when I put it out there but we need the rain so very badly. However ALL the stuff on the line is NON tumbler dryable !!!!!

CJ

8. Mrs. Schmitty says:

Oh no! I don’t have snow…but I’m not taking yours…for crying out loud - IT’S APRIL!!!

9. Wendy says:

Oooooooo, SNOW! I will come and pick up both. Only, if the snow melts by tomorrow and the screaming toddler can be locked in a room with a screaming 15 month old.

10. Lilly says:

If the toddler is that incredibly cute smiley faced gleeful Miles I wouldn’t mind being woken up by him even for an announcement of SNOW!

11. Woman with Kids says:

Er. We’re getting snow, rain, and heavy winds. Welcome to Spring, the next generation!

12. Rachel says:

e) none of the above. I managed to get my kids excited about playing together and then I went back to bed. :)

We’ve got sleet here, not snow, so there isn’t as much excitement. Just gloooooom.

13. M says:

f) A glass of champagne with orange juice and a bagel smothered w/cream cheese, bacon and a cherry tomato.

That’s my final answer.

14. Christine says:

We woke up to snow yesterday … the day of our town’s Tulips-A-Bloom Festival. It’s just totally psycho.

The sun is out today. THE SUN IS OUT!!!!!

Pardon me as I go outside and dance around naked.

15. blairzoo says:

I don’t know….that sort of beats my last early wake-up, which involved someone throwing up……Still not good with the snow. Enough already.

16. Polly says:

Humm, you at least got to sleep. The wind here is so fierce that kidletts couldn’t sleep last night.
    What’s worse waking early after some uninterrrupted sleep or trying to sleep while listening to kids thrash and have fitfull sleep. It’s a toss up, I know.
    I need some sun! And warmth. Enough!

17. Jen says:

Global warming, my ass….I think it’s the second Ice Age. It is mid-April, and here in Texas, I needed a heavy jacket to sit outside last night.

However…..I haven’t seen a single blood-sucking mosquito yet, and generally we are soaking our children in OFF Repellant by now.

18. Kerry says:

I pick not being woken at all on a Sunday morning.

(woken/waken/awakened?)

I can’t take any more of this cruel winter in spring. Enough already!

19. Mary Tsao says:

I envy your slim, boyish figure but not your snow in April. That you can keep.

20. maggie says:

We had the snow and the toddler too - mine got all dressed up and ran around making footprints, while I hunkered on the porch in my bathrobe AND a winter coat with a cup of coffee.

21. The Wooden Porch says:

I am so sick of the cold too! What is going on with spring???

Where is SPRING?