More fun than a ball or a pogo stick

More fun than a ball or a pogo stick

April 20, 2007

I bought this for my son. Picture a ball stuck through a hard plastic disc. You have to stand on the disc, balance, grip your feet around the ball and jump… all at the same time.

It is really really difficult. Much more difficult that I thought it would be. Though now that I am describing it I am wondering why I thought it would be easy.

This thing is so hard to do

I am here to warn you that should you be foolhardy enough to try this “Pogo Hopper” yourself, don’t do it in your front yard and with your children watching.

Because you will fall and land sprawled out on your face. If you happen to get a few jumps in before the fall you will also pee your pants.

Not that I know this from personal experience.

******

I am leaving the post up for Heather and the comments open for the week. The drawing for all the fabulous, and I do mean fabulous, things people have donated will be at the end of next week. This way people will have time to donate if they haven’t been able to yet.

I am finalizing some of the donations and waiting for a few emails to be returned. Then I’ll have the post up chock full of links and wonderful giving people.

And I am going to go outside and try to enjoy the non-snowy, non-rainy weather. My Vitamin D stores are sorely depleted.

Comments

1. Military Mommy says:

I’m glad to hear you didn’t fall on the Pogo Hopper.

Bless the poor mommy’s heart who did.

;)

Love, Michelle

2. Shalee says:

Oh my lands. I rock on a pogo STICK, but a pogo ball? I’m thinking I’m going to stick with my pogo stick championship and leave well enough alone.

Go enjoy that sun, but as you advise, not on that ball thing… perhaps a book would be more the suggested speed.

3. Diane W says:

My 7yo son wants one of those pogo ball hopper things. I know I would be tempted to give it a shot, so thanks for the warning!
    Blessings ~ Diane W

4. Amyjane says:

I had one of those when I was eleven! They were just called Pogo Balls then. Must be making a comeback–the 80’s will rise again!

5. Robin says:

I totally had one of those things when I was little! And if I remember correctly I never did get the hang of it. Hmm, maybe I should get one for my munchkids, although I really don’t want to go visit the ER, so then again, maybe I will pass. Thanks for the trip down memory lane1

6. Keri says:

Whoa. They STILL make those? I had one when I was a kid and *loved* it!

7. nrp says:

ooooooh! We had those when I was a kid too. My brothers and I would get hopping and then try to trip each other. Good times.

That mother you mention who tried one out in front of her kids? That was my mother. I’m sure she’s glad others have learned from her experience.

8. Melanie says:

I used to play on our pogo ball for hours. And I ALWAYS wore blisters onto the skin of the insides of my feet, no matter what shoes or socks I wore. I’m not sure why I kept doing it. . .

9. kate says:

My sister and I had one of those. i was always super disappointed with it. I wanted to bounce really far and really high. It just didn’t.

10. Rachel says:

my middle one got a pogo stick for christmas. She’s excited about the nice weather to pogo outside.

Me? I have enough trouble balancing on 2 feet - I’m not adding bouncing or hopping to the equation!

11. Diatribal says:

Woo Hoo! PogoBalls Rock. I had one when I was in grade school, and I “pogoed” until the ball went flat.

Have fun!

12. Kellie says:

My brother and I wore out about a half dozen of those things when we were kids.

13. daring one says:

I am also in shock that those are back. I saw one in Target the other day and was reminded of how Santa made my LIFE by bringing me one of those a couple or zillion years ago.

14. Jen says:

I remember those! My sister and I had one and we’d use it to hop into the pool. Fun times.

15. Erin says:

I had one of those when I was kid.

I never mastered the silly thing.

How fun is that? We need one of those.
    You are right about the pee in your pants thing, though. I jumped on our pogo stick not thinking and peed in my pants. Not funny. Not funny at all.

17. J. Fergie says:

wow!! i didn’t know these were still around. I used to have one when I was young(er). Probably the reason I USED to have great legs…um, where did you say I could get one of those?

18. FENICLE says:

Hi. I came across your site tonight…I don’t even remember what I clicked now? Maybe something from Heather’s? I’ve enjoyed reading several posts.

I had one of these Pogo Ball’s. HATED IT!!! I nearly killed myself or broke an ankle the one & only time I used it as a kid!! You’re brave. In front of kids - in front yard = BRAVE.

19. Eve says:

I road those when I was younger! I’m surprised they’re still around. And I laughed at the Vitamin D comment! I’m always saying that to my friends. Hey, I live in Seattle. We rarely see the sun, even when it’s warm out.