strength in numbers

strength in numbers

April 24, 2007

Over there on my left sidebar you’ll see a graphic link for heather. You can click on it to get updates and find out the current total for the donations. Last time I checked it was up to $17,500. Does that just warm you heart the way it does mine?

And what happened then…?
Well…in Who-ville they say
That [Chris's] small heart
Grew three sizes that day!

This has reaffirmed my faith in the goodness of people.

Also, directly below the graphic is link to all the donations that I have received thus far. Please check on there to make sure that your donation is listed. Because the rate of my heart expanding directly correlates to my brain shrinking.

Comments

1. Elizabeth says:

I hate to say “I’ve been busy” - but I have, until tonight when the Front Range snow storm cancelled my evening meetings. I went back and read a lot of Heather’s site. I even straightened out my wonked out Paypal account so I could make a donation. Whenever I read about something like that I think of what I’d want people to do if it was me in that situation.

2. Military Mommy says:

Wow. Absolutely unbelievable. I hadn’t checked the totals lately, so the new number really took me by surprise.

Love, Michelle

3. Jurgen Nation says:

HOLY SHIT, CHRIS.

Can I say “fuck” here? Because HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I had no doubt that you would raise a lot of money, but this is incredible.

I bow to you, my dear, for you are an angel. I am so honored to know you and that I can also call you a friend? Incredible. Wow. Just…wow.

4. Sallie says:

I’m so glad to see all the good being done for Heather.. it gives people good news to see!!

5. Chris says:

Jurgen Nation,

Just to clarify, there are many many people out there doing their part to raise awareness for Heather and donating money. I can’t take any credit for that. I am a just one tiny person.

And I love you too, even with your potty mouth ;-)

6. Karen says:

I love love love all the people who donated, who helped, and who spread the word. Serious Happy Tears for that total.

WOW! I hadn’t checked the totals lately either so this blows me away! I am always amazed at how gracious people are. I love that as moms (and families) we are coming together to support each other like this. To hell with Mommy Wars!

8. Crisanne says:

Yes! People coming together for the good of someone else! A Miracle indeed.

9. ephelba says:

Any updates on Heather? Is she doing ok?

10. Janne says:

This REALLY touches my heart!