and now this slowly turns into a sports blog

and now this slowly turns into a sports blog

April 30, 2007

My superstar son

I might have been joking when I said I expected my 6 yr old to be the Barry Bonds of the elementary school set, but damn if he wasn’t a superstar at his game. That is among other children who haven’t quite mastered the eye hand co-ordination either.

Baseball is serious

Then on Saturday, all the kids had games. I stayed home with the non baseball playing kids and sent Rob off with my camera.

He got a few good action photos. That is my son pitching. And the other kid striking out.

Strike...

And I am sure his mother has a photo of him pitching and my son striking out. That’s just how it goes. Watching your child play sports is an exercise in bipolar emotions.

And there was an entire slew of photos I could use for my ‘What Not To Do’ series on my other blog. But it’s all good. Like I told Rob, those photos were preserving the memory. We know that the kids have feet and/or tops to their heads, we don’t have to have photographic evidence of it.

Comments

1. kate says:

ahh the baseball season has begun at your house!

After spending years keeping score at baseball games, I’m really not looking forward to the time this starts for my kids. I can however say I feel your baseball season pain.

3. meritt says:

I had to laugh because I have pictures of someone elses’ kid up at bat.

I was busy reading my book… (I have a temper and unjustice and bad calls get me riled up so I learned to bring a book to all sports games. It helps.) ANYWAY! So I look up from my book to see my son at bat. I grab the camera and take 2 pictures and then….

… realize it wasn’t my son after all.

LOL.

The other mom was happy to get them!

4. julie says:

You actually got to stay home with the other non playing kids? Wow, how did you manage that. My kids look at me like I am going to receive the “Worst mom of the year award” if I even consider staying home. Unless someone is sick. Then I guess it is acceptable.

5. Christine says:

We’re looking forward to taking LOTS of pictures of my nine-year-old daughter picking her nose, staring at the horses in the field nearby, holding up the entire game trying to pick the absolutely most comfortable helmet (Tourette Syndrome and helmets are a bad mix!), and - of course - digging skivvies out of her butt crack.

Play ball!!!

6. Anna says:

It cracks me up that other kid isn’t holding a bat!