chasing a dream

chasing a dream

May 3, 2007

Chasing

Doesn’t everyone wear a faux fur trimmed pink dress and black patent leather party shoes for field day? In 75 degree weather?

I decided this morning it wasn’t worth the argument.

Comments

1. Laura says:

I LOVE this picture. I love her dress! She reminds me so much of myself at that age. I used to run around in powder pink, sparkly cowgirl boots, complete with fringe.

2. Lilly says:

Beautiful. …Now if you could just photoshop one of those black bears into the shadows in the background that would be an exciting photo!….

3. J. Fergie says:

i feel you on that one. that’s why my oldest went to daycare yesterday wearing red flip flops. i realized i didn’t really care. it was liberating :)

4. Jenn says:

Oh, what a fun age! That moment when mommy isn’t always right. Oh, how I dread it! She does definitely have a flair for fashion!!!

5. Amy says:

As much as a control freak as I am, I am with you on this one as well–some things certainly are not worth the argument!

Smart woman. ;-)

7. Polly says:

Pick your battles Mamma!
    BTW, my daughter has the 6-9 month version of that dress. It pains me that she will never wear it with the little fur trimmed cap that goes with it again. Maybe I’ll put it on her one more time this afternoon. We’re having a little bit of a cold spell. That’s some justification for ya!

You are so good to let her wear what she wants. I love her outfits. She is creative and wonderful and it won’t last long enough.

9. Lori says:

It is never worth the fight. I always took lots of pictures so that later they could look through them and gasp in horror at how I “let them go out in public looking like that”!
    I take revenge where I can find it.

10. Mary W says:

I feel your pain as I look at my own four year old in my chicken slippers, a frog shirt and plaid shorts. He’s happy.

11. Cece says:

Right now my daughter is wearing brown Mary Janes w/a big pink flower across the top…with EVERYTHING. Shorts, pj’s, sweats, jeans? Yup. I’m getting my Payless $7 (bought for a funeral)out of them! lol

Great picture

12. maggie says:

I’ve given up on the clothes front. It’s just not worth it. But I hate the black patent leather shoes, because they have real buckles that I have to buckle. Argh.

13. Anna says:

She is her own individual fashionista. I was so jealous of the pink cowboy boots. Clothing wars definitely can waituntil they reach teen years, I’m just loving her style.

14. amy says:

Actually I think it is a good look, and I plan to borrow it for my field day! She sure looks beautiful. I would skip the clothing wars for the rest of your life. Not.worth.it.ever.

15. Ruth H says:

Everyone who just had their hair done wears pink, faux fur trimmed dresses to field day.
    I thought everybody’s mother KNEW that!

16. Carolynn says:

Reminds me of a beautiful red velevet party dress I had when I was a litle girl, I remember being so very disappointed when I grew out of it and Mum wouldn’t make me another one.

CJ

17. ali says:

at least she’s not wearing tights… :)

Ellie went out in something similar the other day. I’m with you…she dresses herself, might as well be grateful for the little things. It’s not like we’re going to Wal-Mart or anything (although I’d be embarrassed to admit that my girls have worn some interesting things there, too…)

19. mary anne says:

Ah the good old days.
    Good Idea to pick your battles. In fact ignore them for now. The big ones loom! In ten years when she wants to wear something that suggests a career on the streets…then you fight it! Too cute love the ensemble!
    mak

20. CathyC says:

It’s not about comfort. It’s about looking good. She knows.

21. Holli Smith says:

Why yes, that is exactly what you were when you are the princess! DUH mom!