I wish I had some good news (Update below)

I wish I had some good news (Update below)

May 7, 2007

I know many of you have asked that I keep you updated on Heather’s progress.

She had surgery on Thursday and the tumor that was removed was as long as a dollar bill. This weekend every time I handled money I thought of Heather. Have you held a dollar bill up to your head? I couldn’t help but think of how miraculous it is that someone could have the skill to cut open a brain and remove something that large.

I thought, really thought, I would have some great news to share.

Cancer. Three to Five years.

So unfair.

Update:

Here is a link to the most recent update written by Heather’s husband.

Comments

1. Jeanne says:

Just pray.

I know first hand the doctors are NOT always correct. I am currently in the 17th month of “6 to 18 months to live.” I assure you, I’ll be here next month.

Just pray.

2. Jodi@OC says:

I saw her post this morning. I am soooo sad for her. I had hoped for better news too.

She has lots of support and prayers so hopefully she can beat this.

3. Kim says:

God is SOOOO much bigger than a dollar bill.

I have been keeping up on her blog since your original post. The whole thing makes me so sad.

JEANNE: Prayers and hugs for you, as well. You have the right attitude.

6. Holli Smith says:

Doctors gave my cousin 6 months to live at birth. He lived to be 17.
    Yes, Kim said it right, God is SO much bigger than a dollar bill!
    She’ll be around longer then the 3-5 years!

7. R says:

That post from her felt like a kick in the gut. But once I got over the initial shock I realized how right she is…”What the devil means for my dismay, the Lord intends for my good”

She is an inspiration and her faith is amazing. Thank you for telling us about her and her situation. She is always in my prayers and I will continue to be encouraged by her courage.

8. katiebod says:

she is a tremendous inspiration…

I hve no doubt that her attitude will take her far in this fight.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update.

And this is completely crazy, I’ve never even met Heather but when I read the news, I burst into tears. I’m rarely cry for anything. This is terribly sad but I’m amazed at how positive she is.

10. Holly Smith says:

Don’t give up, friend. Truth can’t always be seen with our eyes. I’m believing that God is going to surprise us all so very much! That is my prayer for Heather and for you, as well.
    Have a great week!
    With Joy,
    Holly Smith (isn’t that funny? I saw Holli Smith comment above!)

11. Jen says:

Katie - I know, I too lost it this morning when I read her site….and I just started reading her blog two weeks ago. I cried for her, for her kids, for her husband. I can’t imagine facing the same ordeal.

12. suzanne (JoyfulChaos) says:

i think your friend, Grace, had it right here too.

13. Jen says:

The original post was very disturbing, but her husband has posted an update that is MUCH more encouraging in the outlook. We will just have to keep praying!

14. homequeen says:

My husband was given 6 months to a year to live when he was first diagnosed with cancer… that was over 10 years ago. Keep the faith. Worry changes nothing; prayer changes everything. You’re in our prayers.

15. sandy says:

God has cancelled cancer many a time. She deserves the best life and He’ll give her that.

16. Tammy says:

Wait! Wait! See her hubby’s latest post!

17. Eve says:

I think if I had cancer, and was given three to five years, I would be grateful that I had 3 to 5 years. When I first found her post, her doctor had said the tumor was inoperateble (spell?) but then she found doctors who could. Now they’re saying maybe 3 to 5 if it’s a certain type of cancer. There is so much time to hope for change, new cures, and different diagnosis. And with her personality, I know she’s going to stay positive.

18. Andrea from Germany says:

As my dad always says:

It ain’t over ’till the fat lady sings.

(He is referring to operas, the fat lady has to sing before a little guy can consider himself a survivor of an opera-ordeal. Where is the fat lady? I have not localized her yet, so I guess the opera will keep on going… wonder how dramatic the music will be?)