simple pleasures

simple pleasures

May 20, 2007

throwing rocks

Hope your weekend was equally as nice.

Comments

1. Danielle says:

What a dream. I hope the rest of “you” weekend was as good.

2. Anna says:

Now that is how we should all spend out weekends. I am so envious of your photography skills. Think you could come hang out with my family for a week…we would all look so wonderful.

3. Brigitte says:

Ha ha, we brought my daughter to a park to see the airplanes next door, as she loves airplanes, but what did she want to do? Throw rocks in the water all day long! And it made her so happy. Go, Miles!

4. maggie says:

Nothing better than throwing rocks in the water!

5. Heidi says:

I have to say, I found your blog yesterday in the Woman’s Day magazine article. I can so relate. I got married about a year and a half ago and my husband has an eight-year old son who lives with us full time. I keep trying to explain what it is like to live here or how I feel, since we seem to be so different now that we are married (couldn’t have figured this out before, right? way too easy). I love your humor it is my kind of sarcasm that oddly enough - now that I am married - my husband does not think is funny. I feel like I have been living in a foreign country for the last year and a half. I don’t speak the language, I don’t understand how things are done here and just when I think I have broken the language barrier, something goes wrong, very wrong and I am left in the dark again. So knowing you have six boys, please fill me in on your guidance with boys (since they never really grow up). I would love some advice on living, talking and never winning with my boy/husband. My favorite is my husband can say (and has said which is why this reference is so funny to me) Honey, isn’t it nice out today? And he actually means, “Can you pick up our son Thursday?” Swear to this day, we actually had a conversation just like that only it took me about an hour to figure out that is what he really meant. So again long story short, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Keep writing, love the blog.

6. Sarah says:

Hey–is that a giant bear off in the distance?

How is it you always seem to have the camera at the perfect time?? Do you carry it around with always?

8. Gwen says:

I want to be one of your kids.

9. Joan says:

A “lefty”, or did he just happen to pick the rock up in that hand?

10. elismsue says:

Looks like his big brothers read “The Dangerous Book for Boys” chapter on skipping rocks out loud. Your review prompted me to buy the book for my 9 year old grandson. He is ssooooooooo
    into it.
    Thanks for the review that made me buy the book, that made M the best grandma ever!!
    Great picture, as always. Sue

11. MyDuckies says:

My weekend was not nearly as nice, but thanks for sharing yours… and I think I’ll just pretend yours was mine! Thanks for the beautiful photos… they are moving~

12. mel says:

Awww…he has the little kid “bed-head” thing going on. Both of my kids spent quite a bit of time with that crumpled, sticking up hair on the backs of their heads. I kind of miss it. Great picture.

13. Jodi says:

Ooo, I love a creek. Or stream. Or branch. I don’t know the difference.

I spent yesterday lying by the neighbor’s pool, eating strawberries and watching the kids frolic (frolic is a code word for “beat each other will foam noodles, shoot the girls with waterguns, scream bloody murder, and demand PopTarts). Yeah, it was good.

14. maria says:

That’s exactly how we spent our weekend - but had to drive 5 hrs to get it. How is it none of my pictures turned out as well? Oh well - my kids had a blast - and I have a ton of wet muddy clothes to wash;)