unplugged

unplugged

June 1, 2007

Bubbles

I am chanting in my head. It will not rain. It will not rain.

Also, bike riding is fun. Bike riding is fun. Somehow in all the excitement of purchasing a new bike I forgot a key point. I hate to exercise. And I really hate to sweat.

Bike riding is fun, dammit!

Look how positive I am. Surely that cancels out my daily diet coke.

I am unplugging completely.

See ya on the flip side. Unless I jump off the ferry as it heads back to the mainland and decide to lead the life of a beach bum.

Comments

1. Pastormac's Ann says:

Chris, your baby isn’t looking so much like a baby anymore - he looks like a regular big guy in this photo.

Enjoy your vacation. Maybe it will be cool enough that you won’t sweat much.

2. Molly says:

That is the biggest bubble blower toy I have ever seen!

3. Mary Alice says:

Unplugging is the best!

4. CathyC says:

Enjoy your getaway!!

5. elasticwaistbandlady says:

Your boy is adorable. My toddlers only demonstrate their mastery of snot bubbles and the always popular viscuous spit bubbles that have amazing staying power. That’s VISCOSITY, baby!

Mentally think of the grosser than gross joke we told as kids. What’s grosser than gross? Landing on a bicycle with NO seat! See? Doesn’t that put your weekend bike riding into perspective? You’ll have a cushy seat and everything. Enjoy your holiday.

6. Ashley says:

Have fun and just try not to think of bike riding as exercise.

7. Tammie says:

Enjoy yourself! Bike riding is indeed fun. I see and experience things that I would not be able to while zooming down the road at 50 mpm in a car. Besides, I can almost bet that your kids will treasure the memories from this vacation for a lifetime. As I tell myself when I don’t want to do something: “Sometimes, it’s not all about me”. Have a great time, and ENJOY the process!!!
    BTW, I’m doing a 100k bike ride this weekend, and I can’t wait!!
    tam

keep that chant up. Have a good vacation!!!

9. Lucy says:

Hi, I love bike riding - I commute to work etc. in fact I cannot even drive. (I do use public transit in winter).

My big question is logistics: how do 2 parents, seven kids and everyone’s bike go on vacation? School bus? How?

10. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

I hope you enjoy your holiday Chris and pray for you that it won’t rain, we need the rain more than you do. In fact today is Officially the First Day of Winter here in Australia.

CJ

11. jody2ms says:

Rainless weekend vibes coming your way from Texas, chick!

12. Beth F. says:

Bike riding is very fun…assuming your seat is comfy, and they never are.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

13. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Just think of the memories you are building for the kids! And smile and have a great time. Can’t wait to hear the stories from this adventure.

14. Tam says:

Have a wonderful trip. And, yeah, I bought a bike and I’ve ridden it, like, twice…in 2 years…I so getcha on that.

15. Mary W says:

I’m chanting too.

16. t in hd says:

I’d love to exercise if it wasn’t for the sweating part. I really HATE the sweating part. But there’s an up side to it: the more often you sweat, the clearer your skin tends to be.

17. nabbalicious says:

Have fun! I’m doing an anti-rain dance for you.

18. qtpies7 says:

I haven’t been by in awhile, so I had lots to read! Good stuff! LOL I hated that article about the aging from soda, but gosh darn it if I’m going to stop drinking it!
    Oh, and you are MUCH closer to the body of an 18yo than I am, its the c-sections, I swear by it, you can’t get a flat tummy after them!

19. queendivakate says:

As a mom to five under the age of 10, I hope that you’ve stocked up on Diet Coke and remembered to include Motrin. Diet Coke to keep up with the kiddos on that bike ride and the Motrin for those moments that you are going to be wishing that you could run away but your legs will be entirely too sore to move.

Hope the trip is full of wonderful memories that make all the effort involved just pulling it off - WORTHWHILE!

Good Luck and can’t wait to hear how it turned out.

20. Mary Tsao says:

Hope you’re having a great time!!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

21. cher says:

Please change all chanting to the following: Send Rain to Alabama .. Send rain to alabama..” and if you need to use specifics.. just add.. to Cher’s Garden :D

Great picture