nope, no getting it back

nope, no getting it back

June 8, 2007

Rob called me this evening on his way home from work and during our conversation asked me if I had heard that Paris Hilton was sent back to jail. I hadn’t.

And so we discussed it, this side of the issue, that side of the issue, up one side and down the other side.

We judged. Oh boy, did we judge. Her, her mother, her friends, her so-called friends, the sheriff, the other inmates at the jail, the judge, the lawyers, the papparazzi.

We were full of wisdom and lessons that she should take away from this. In retrospect, it was pathetic.

Finally there was a lull in the conversation. Rob let out a deep sigh.

“Did we really just spend 5 minutes out of lives discussing Paris Hilton?”

“Yeah, I do believe we did.”

“Wow, what a waste.”

“Well, when you put it that way.”

Comments

1. Blythe says:

Couldn’t have said it better.. it is slightly entertaining though..slightly. Hehe

2. Fold My Laundry Please says:

When I heard the news, I sat here gloating thinking about how I was going to tell my husband all about it when he got home. My life is kind of sad! And anyway, it’s only 23 days of sitting in a cell 23 hrs a day eating private meals and being estranged from her cell phone. Why can’t she just suck it up and get it over with? I would welcome a 23 day “vacation” from the kids. Just think how quiet it is there…do they take reservations?

3. cole says:

Most of the time I don’t understand why it is on the actual news when celebrities do boring things like not wear underwear and go to dinner. I think it is lovely to see that they are covering her ‘tragedy’ so closely. NOW this is entertaining. I believe it to be the MOST entertaining thing she has ever done. She is in show business so, like, isn’t it her job to make headlines and provide something to actually watch?

And I am with Fold, I would love to be able to sleep, read, sleep, read, sleep, sleep and maybe some sleeping….alone. NO ONE ELSE IN MY BED. Quiet. No one asking me questions like, “Hey mama, are you on the toilet? Are you going poo?” OR , for the millionth time in an hour, “WHY can’t I…..watch TV, play on the computer, break your stuff, hit my sister/brother…” blahblahblah.

I believe there to be many a mama who has contimplated some kind of misdemeanor that might land them in jail. OR a psych ward..they have drugs too. Nothing really harmful. Just a nice weekend of peace and quiet.

*****nopartofthisismeanttosuportcriminalactivityand thewriterbearsnoresponsiblitytoanyonetakingthisadviceseriouslyand commitssomekindof crime.Don’tdoit,crimerarelypays.

4. Sleeping Mommy says:

Yup, we wasted a lot of time today and I sat and gloated and judged too.

We heard that the reason they sent her home is that the jail couldn’t operate as normal with her there–the other inmates were ticked off that she had special treatment (isolation from the general population) and she required so much (who knows what, but she did gripe about being “freezing” and probably spent a great deal of time with the DDTs as her body detoxed) that they wanted her out of there.

The judge however, disagreed, and good thing too, she and the rest of the celebrities-behaving-badly need to learn something, somewhere.

5. Shannon @ Rocks in my Dryer says:

Can’t help but hope this is going to have a happy ending–maybe she’ll learn a lesson and leave prison and teach elementary school in the inner city or something?

Yeah, I didn’t think so, but a girl can hope.

6. Molly says:

Fantasizing about being in jail in order to get some peace and quiet…. I fantasized the same way about being in the hospital when my babies were born. I always think to myself, why do people complain about being in the hospital? You get your own bed, your meals are brought to you, you have no responsibilities, and if you don’t feel like chatting, you either go to sleep or fake it. These reasons alone were pretty much enough to make me not want to give birth at home!

7. Rebecca says:

All this drama belongs on the celebrity news shows, not the real news. I was going to write a post about how ridiculous it is but then that would be just one more place for people to hear about it. Thanks for doin it for me though. ;) I saw clips of her talking to reporters at the MTV awards before going to jail the first time & she kept feeding them the same one liner: “I’m scared but ready to face my sentence” really now? The whole thing is so ridiculous. I saw on Leno that MSNBC was waiting for her to leave her house doing nonstop coverage - taking a quick break to report about something else of more importance, of course I can’t remember the name of the guy though but he was in the military & resigned. Then they went straight back the apparently more important footage. Interesting how her new season of Simple Life started yesterday - no I did not watch. All this press is convenient I guess. I’m done now, thanks for giving me a place to drop my thoughts.

8. Summer says:

I can’t help but feel ashamed that paris Hilton has taken up so much room in my brain lately. LOL

9. Christine says:

1. Yes, Paris has occupied way too much brainspace.

2. I am thrilled she’s back in jail. Disproportionatly so. As I was disproportionatly bullshit when she was released.

3. I would think that jail is supposed to make you anxious and depressed.

4. When you put yourself out there the way that she has, one has to expect to be judged. What ‘talent’ has put her in the public eye?

10. t in hd says:

I must live under a rock. I’d read somewhere that she’d been sentenced jail time but I haven’t a clue why. I couldn’t carry on even a 15 second conversation on the subject. But I could probably pick her out of a line up. I think…

11. Annalise says:

I am a little embarrassed to admit how much jubililation there was at the breakfast table here as we looked at the pictures of her being sent back to jail. And how many mocking cries of “it’s just not riiight” there have been here.

Still, having her sent back means we retain some slight faith in the US justice system. :-)

12. Holli Smith says:

Good - glad she’s going back. Wish she’d stay there so our little girls wouldn’t want to grow up to be like her. Besides… am I the only one who thinks she’ really UGLY?! Hello???

13. ephedrine side effects says: