The untold joys of a toddler with a cold

The untold joys of a toddler with a cold

June 8, 2007

Me with a handful of tissues.

“Come over here so I can wipe your nose.”

Miles running away as fast as he can.

“No. I wick it. I wick my nose.”

I guess that is better than wiping it on my silk damask throw pillows, a.k.a. evidence of my own insanity, like he usually does.

I spared you a photo. No need to thank me.

Comments

1. The Lazy Organizer says:

It couldn’t be any messier than the egg cracking episode.

2. Trish says:

My 2yo has had a runny nose for about 3 weeks. She usually ends up wiping it on my shirt. She’s so sweet. YUCK!

3. Woman with Kids says:

…saves on tissues, right?

4. Ani says:

Silk pillow is better than your bed pillow. Just saying, we have to do an AWFUL lot of laundry here when the kiddos get sick.

5. Amanda says:

My husband currently has a cold. Or should I say “man-flu”…

Honestly, our toddling daughter was less “poorly” when she had a violent sickness bug a while back!

Hope your little one feels better soon though!

6. liz says:

“I wick it” Bwahahahaha! Ewww.

7. diatribal says:

Oh. My personal favorite is, “mom, I like the way it tastes.”

Yeah. Blech.

Good luck with the snotty one.

8. Edumomma says:

My 3yr old prefers to use his shirt or the couch. Gross!

9. Karly says:

Nodding my head and pointing to the title of my blog…

10. Mama Bear says:

This is familiar! Also we had this one: Grandmpa tried to take a smallish rock away from my then 3 year old. She took off running at high speed yelling, “my wock, my wock, I just want to wick it!” Which has become a phrase now at any family gathering. “I just want to wick it!” Whenever someone wants to look at something. Heh.

11. Sarah says:

My son, 4, favors the carpet to wipe his runny nose. I was mortified when we were shopping at Kohls and I turned around to find him on his hands and knees using their carpet as a snot rag. Nice.

12. serahrose says:

mine’s got a booger-filled nose too. but, being too young to announce her intentions, she simply whines, and then rubs it all over her face with the back of her hand, and then rubs her face all over my shoulder, and then i rub her face and my shoulder with toilet paper.

and then we do it again 10 minutes later.

13. daring one says:

But really… Thank you.

14. Poppy says:

My granddaughter has the snotty nose thing going on…as well as the itchy, watery eyes. I’m thinking allergies rather than a cold. She FINALLY learned to blow a week ago and that makes a huge difference. She loves blowing her nose so we’ve gone through a box and a half of tissues! Much better though than the back of her hand, her shirt tail, or my shoulder :)

15. Mrs. Schmitty says:

Eww…isn’t it amazing what DOESN’T bother them to do?

16. Gloria says:

BOL… ewwwww, thanks for not attaching a photo, I have a queezy belly.

17. Rachel May says:

My almost-3-year-old runs to find me, screaming, “MY NOSE! MY NOSE!”. It’s like he’s terrified the whole thing will melt off his face if I don’t wipe it for him. He’s almost trained to at least ask for help instead of hollering at me…. And, yes, thanks for NOT posting pics of that one.

18. Daisy says:

I once offered an eighth grader a kleenex (I was subbing for his social studies teacher), and he replied, “No thanks, I just swallow it.”