Doesn’t everyone like to drink from the hose?

Doesn’t everyone like to drink from the hose?

June 27, 2007

high powered drink

With water pressure so hard it threatens to peel the skin from your skull?

refreshing drink that tears off you face

And see the tag still on the hose squirter thing. That is because we have yet to have one that has survived more than a few weeks. I can’t tell you how many have been left laying around the driveway and were subsequently run over.

Comments

1. Jen says:

Hey, we had that same hose squirter thingy! Sadly it only lasted about 30 minutes. Luckily I’ve been buiying those things in bulk lately.

As always, great pictures!

Fun!

Those pictures are so clear! The colors are gorgeous. They look like advertisements for cameras. You are so talented.

3. Suzanne says:

Holy crap, those are awesome pictures!

How do people take decent pictures?? It’s baffling to me. I covet your photography skills.

4. Divrchk says:

All of these photos are fantastic!

5. elasticwaistbandlady says:

As Doug and Bob Mckenzie would say…..”What a bunch of hosers!”

We live in Houston. If you attempt to drink out of the hose here, you might as well fill your mouth up with some Swiss Miss chocolate first and make yourself a mouthful of some easy hot cocoa.

6. poppy fields says:

great photos!

7. Karen@FamilyBriefs.com says:

Great pics! We’re stuck inside with the flu, but LOVE seeing yours having such a great time! Thanks for sharing!

8. Daisy says:

The germ-phobic in me wants to remind your boys that bacteria thrive where it’s damp, dark, and warm — like the inside of a hose. Oh, they won’t care. Have fun staying cool!! :)

9. Karly says:

Holy crap, that is a fancy hose squirter thing! I still have the old rusted metal one that was probably bought when our house was built 50 years ago.

10. Tara says:

We are under such strict water restrictions in Australia, I haven’t seen this sort of thing for A LONG time. And I miss it.

11. Lacy says:

These pictures are all so great - at the risk of sounding like a total dork - it must be said that your pictures are BEGGING to be scrapbooked!!! Don’t you have time to scrapbook Chris? ;)

12. Brandi says:

Your pictures are amazing. Just amazing.

I have to say as well that commenter, elasticwaistbandlady, is hilarious. Hot coco… snort!

13. Brandi says:

cocoa, dang.

14. Novaks8 says:

what amazing pictures!

Hose squirters here don’t make it a season. They get dirt all in them, then they disappear mysteriously never to be see again!

15. Sarah L. says:

Our family has crushed 4 sprinklers so far this summer. I can’t get too mad at the kids because I stomped on one of them myself. Why can’t they make this stuff more durable?

16. MamaGeph says:

I just wish it would get warm enough around here to play in the water. It’s still upper 60’s in western WA.

You know, with water pressure like that, I’ll bet his teeth are just sparklin’!

17. Antique Mommy says:

A giant water pik — eliminates the need for flossing.

18. qtpies7 says:

Yep, I can only dream of taking such fantastic pictures!
    They sure look like they are having fun!
    Everything becomes a contact sport here, too. Even just talking to big sis, one of my kids likes to pick on her and she takes him down.

19. DEB says:

What kind of camera are ya using girl?! AWESOME photos! DEB

20. KathyB says:

wow you really are a great mom, even while enjoying the summer activities your kids still think about dental hygiene! love it

21. corey says:

Great pictures! :) made me smile!

22. Carrie @ Three-Girl Circus says:

Your photos look even better on your new design. I’m not big on change so I didn’t like it at first, but I’ve come around…love it now!

23. Christina says:

Love the new look! Isn’t it great that kids can have so much fun with something as simple as water? We painted our driveway last week with water; they must have spent 2 hours on that activity. Gotta love summer :)

24. heather white says:

i love this age where their permanent teeth are too big for their heads.

25. jen says:

Wow, I wish it was warm enough here to have the hose on and my son outside playing. Unfortunately (as you’ve probably seen on the news), we have that kind of water pressure coming OUT OF THE SKY at the moment, leaving most of the country under water (Noah had it easy, I tell you). Thankfully we live on a hill….. but it’s still not warm enough out to go without a sweater and trousers. In late June. Bleurgh!

One of us drove over the hose the other night–you know where it’s supposed to screw into the spigot. And now it is flat flat flat and not screw in-able.

Bummer.