Everything is a contact sport at my house

Everything is a contact sport at my house

June 27, 2007

even hose playing is a contact sport

Comments

1. MamaLady says:

Does your daughter sometimes just look at these boys in disbelief? Boys, and men, baffle me sometimes. Why, oh why, is it fun to beat one another up?

2. Jess says:

Fantastic pictures!

3. Kelly says:

Man, I love boys. I don’t mean that in a sick way. They just look like little, tiny men with their skinny little bodies. Boys are very physical in the way they play, it really does help explain why grown men are the way they are.

The best part of this whole picture for me is the “what are my crazy brothers doing now?” look on your daughter’s face behind them, and the fact that it looks like she’s got her hand on her hip.

Great summer-y pics!!!

4. Daisy says:

Boys. Ah, boys. Gotta love ‘em. Your girl will be able to keep up with the best of them and stay away from the worst of them.

5. Leeann says:

I just looked at your photoset.
    I wanna be a kid at your house.
    It looks like so much fun!

Loved it,
    Leeann
    niccofive.blogspot.com

6. Holli Smith says:

I LOVE being the mom of a boy! This photo captures all it means to be a boy in the summer! Camo’s, water, and physical contact, and a huge smile (there is one there hidden under the contact of the arm). haha!
    Great pic!
    Mamalady brought up a good question… what does your daughter think? Surely she’s got to be a tomboy around all those boys!

7. Personal Chef to 2 says:

How funny … just the other night my 2 boys were playing with the hose - more fun to them than swimming sometimes! Only difference was *I* was head hauncho with the hose ; )

Great pictures as always!

8. nancy says:

When my girlfriends and I take a bunch of kids to the beach house, the difference between boys and girls becomes most obvious when they are asleep. The girls choose to sleep on single beds or next to one another. Very neat and regular. The boys fit as many as possible in a king-sized bed, and wrestle till they fall asleep in a heap… Just like puppies! We have some beautiful pictures of 8 to 10 little boys asleep in a heap, and when you look at them and realise the love they have for one another you want to pickle them so they will stop growing up! Of course, when they are awake its another story!

9. heather white says:

i just love boys. i have two boys and a girl in between. she’s one part super girly and one part tom boy. when she was three, she fell off of the monkey bars. she got up, dusted her butt off, FLUFFED her hair, and climbed back up. the other moms and i were dying.

10. shannon says:

oh, i know your pain. i never knew cooking was a contact sport before i had 4 boys. and my chiropractor wonders why my children always come in with hips and necks out of whack - it’s the wrestling!

11. Summer says:

LOL Aren’t boys grand? Who knew that EVERY.SINGLE.THING was made better by wrestling.