Creating a work of art

Creating a work of art

June 28, 2007

creating a masterpiece

or a mess. Hard to tell which.

Comments

1. Karen@FamilyBriefs.com says:

It’s beautiful! What a wonderful masterpiece for you to treasure (along with the millions of others you probably already have, right?). Great picture - thanks for sharing!

2. Denise says:

Art, totally.

3. Esme says:

Art. Definitly art. No doubt about it!

4. nrp says:

Both! Too many false dichotomies in the talk around art (and messes) already.

5. Daisy says:

And creating his art shirtless, too. It certainly saves you laundry!

6. Andrea says:

I’ve been a lurker for awhile, I guess; I just realized I’ve probably never commented. Sorry.

Anyway, I vote art.

7. Carola says:

Definitely a work of art, love it. Oh, and once again, I LOVE your new blog design.

8. Lilly says:

My gosh. That’s art! I used to do gallery paintings that looked a lot like that.

9. Barb Cooper says:

Well, I vote both. My kids used to do art like this completely naked. I have a great picture of my youngest with paint all over her adorable little behind… Aww… man, now I’m all teary.

10. Julia says:

Hey that is great…if you want a suggestion…when my daughter painted like that we cut them out and framed them.. and got a GREAT effect we gave them out to family members who have them hung like art work (gave them in sets of three) they turned out really well I will email you some pics to give you an idea… (you have to do it before they start trying to paint actual things like princesses and frogs trees and houses)…

Julie

11. Jenn says:

The good mom would say, “art.” But I immediately cringe, “mess.” Maybe one day the good mom inside of me will show her face! At least it’s very cute mess!!! And warm enough for a hose off!!!!

12. Carrie says:

I second the framing idea. I love kids art - so, you can guess that I’ll say “art” instead of “mess”!!

Those pictures (the sprinkler ones of the boys too) are great.

13. Wendy says:

You are a brave, brave woman.

14. Brigitte says:

Do his brothers hose him down afterwards? :-)

15. Kathleen says:

I love to let my kids paint…but what do you do with the art?

16. Sock Girl says:

Definitely art.
    (Love the little fist holding the brush… that’s some serious concentration).

17. Stephanie says:

Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference even in the museum.

‘The nerve of someone to leave trash lying around in a museum. Oh, that’s an exhibit? Pardon me…’

Any mess created while having fun (and learning - ‘what happens when I mix these colors together?’) is definately art.

18. Stephanie says:

I bet that whatever surface that is that the painting is on looks pretty artistic, too!

19. elasticwaistbandlady says:

Beware of toddlers using the sofa and walls as an impromptu canvas as they finger paint long streaks of murky brown across them. Likely, it’s not really finger paint. Don’t ask me how I know this. I just do.

Your kids are the cutest. When I drag out the camera, my kids look like they’re either going for the ‘Cheeseball Of The Year Award,’ or that they’re finalists in an Evil Eye competition.

20. Summer says:

What a work of art! :) He’s such a cutie, and so talented too! :)

21. Tricia says:

What I love about this shot is not the art, (no offense Miles) but the curls and his ear… so sweet!