What day is it anyway?

What day is it anyway?

July 7, 2007

This never ending long weekend has me all confused.

Also there is a Rock, Paper, Scissors (USARPS) contest on ESPN. The 2007 championships. It is hysterically funny, though I am not sure if it is meant to be.

“Throw a scissor, baby!”

“He has just won a bone jarring battle of wills.”

“His rock just hammered that scissor.”

Who knew there was such a thing? The funniest thing so far was when they showed the father of one of the contestants*, shake his head in disbelief over his son’s loss. Ah, the human tragedy of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

*contestants are all grown-ups in case you were thinking this was a children’s event.

*****
There is a first time for everything.

Tonight I was changing Miles diaper when he reached his little hands up and shoved them down the front of my shirt.

“WHOA! You hab BIG muscles!” he said.

Comments

1. Mrs. Speckperson says:

Oh, you made me laugh. Thank you. I needed that! So funny.

2. Cass says:

Muscles, huh? Too funny!

3. Baseballmama says:

At least he said they were big ;)

4. Chris says:

Baseballmama,

I know probably the first and last time I will ever hear a comment calling my “muscles” big.

5. leukothea says:

In Japan, rock paper scissors is a way of life. It’s thought that your strategy in playing rock paper scissors says a lot about your personality type.

6. Karen@FamilyBriefs says:

No big muscles here . . . all breastfed out :)

7. Anna says:

If wonder if a lifetime of extensive training is required for that sport or if just anybody could sign up for the ESPN televised event. I might never win a trophy in, say, the long jump…but I think I might have a fighting shot at RPS. Also, Miles is going to make some woman a very lucky lady someday!

8. Estella says:

OMG it’s so funny that you blogged about this because my husband was flipping channels, ESPN, being one of his favorites . . . he was watching this. We were heading out to the pool and he was watching Rock, Paper, Scissors! I turned around started laughing and commented how I couldn’t believe he was watching grown ups playing rock, paper, scissors. . . Even funnier, my 4 year old Katie was sitting in front of the t.v. mimicking their motions and learning how to play the game!

9. KathyB says:

I am a bartender and we were commenting on this tonight and saying that there is a national competition for everything. My next idea for a national competition would be for nose picking, I am taking applicants are there any interested parties in your family? I have two applicants in mine. ;P

10. Jessica says:

LOL too funny :)

11. Amanda Regan says:

It’s ok for you my soon to be 4 year old told me he wanted to be a mummy with little boobies when he got big, while looking at my chest in the bath.
    I think we need a lock on the bathroom door now specially if he’s going to use adjectives when talking about my body.

12. Rachel May says:

Early on in our marriage, we used RPS to solve many argu–, er, discussions. Seriously. It was understood that the RPS was the final decision.

Then we got to where we could predict what the other person would throw, so it didn’t work so well.

13. Brigitte says:

Gee, I wish I had big . . muscles.

I can’t even believe RPS championships. I’m afraid to speculate on the mind-set of the people who seriously compete in this and are all proud of their trophies n’ stuff.

14. Mrs. Schmitty says:

I saw that too while I was channel surfing! Can you believe it? Hilarious!

15. Woman with Kids says:

Giggle… and what exercises to do you do to get *those* muscles?

16. heather white says:

my two and a half year old likes to hide a mini basketball under his shirt. the other day he patted my boob and declared that i was hiding his mini basketball under my shirt. sigh.

17. jenn says:

Big muscles! Oye, I’m dyin’ ovah here.

18. Carrie says:

The boys want to know when they will be old enough to participate in the rock, paper, scissors contest!

BIG muscles - too funny!

19. Kelly says:

Oh, you make me laugh! That’s hilarious!

20. tanya says:

My son when describing his well endowed preschool teacher said she was the one with the “big boots”

21. Suzanne says:

Rock, paper, scissors? Wow. I thought it was bad when my husband wanted to go to the International Rubic’s Cube Championships for our anniversary… but R.P.S. would indeed be worse because you’d still be surrounded by nerds, but not even very smart ones…

ps- I’m trying to get big muscles like that. What kinds of exercises do you do??

22. Suzanne says:

pps- I awarded you are Rockin Girl Blogger Award… if you want it. It has a cute pink button. http://www.theworldaccordingtosuz.com/miscellany/158/other-rockin-girl-bloggers-aka-how-im-related-to-the-jets/

23. qtpies7 says:

Oh how funny! I wish mine were not so big, lol.

I can’t even imagine HOW grown ups could take RPS seriously. I’m going to have to suggest it for my husband’s HUGE men’s competition thingy in the fall. They are doing pugal sticks, archery, tug-o-rope, pigeon shooting (clay, lol) and maybe even chess. And a big pig roast.

24. geminishadow79 says:

I watched that RPS tounament. We saw it listed on the guide and said there is NO WAY that is really what they say it is, and yet it was….

I never laughed so hard in my entire life!!!!

And yet now I have a new dream, to be the next RPS champion….OF THE WORLD!!!!