Might as well JUMP!

Might as well JUMP!

July 11, 2007

JUMP!

And Miles, whose head is still stapled shut, jumping off of rocks into the water. Because clearly he is trying to age me.

Because he is trying to age me

The reason I don’t swim at the “beach”

fish at the "beach"

And I have a new post up over at Parenting that I completely forgot about what with all the beach going.

I am on Day Three of my new exercise program.

Day Four if you count the day I pulled my running shoes out of the back of my closet and dusted them off. I am inclined to count it …

Comments

1. kate says:

The beach is always so much fun. I mean for the kids atleast.

2. KathyB says:

Yeah for some reason I like the ocean beach more than say a lakeside beach and I think that the teaming fish is the reason.

3. Emily says:

Those pictures are of pure kids-in-summer joy. But just knowing the staples are there ages me too!

4. Karen@FamilyBriefs says:

You always have such great pictures - is your camera attached to your wrist somehow??? Thanks for sharing - going to check out your other blog now :)

5. Liz in Australia says:

That looks like the kind of beach I would actually enjoy. I hate taking my kids in the surf (how unAustralian of me) because I am scared of waves and I don’t want to transmit that to them… I’d definitely prefer the fish!

6. diatribal says:

I sure wish I could have been there today! What great photos!

7. Alene says:

OK–how’d you get that jump shot without any blurring. I distinctly remember a blurry Miles in the Easter pictures. What did you do different for these pics? I want your camera. Mine sucks. Wonderful pictures.

8. Laura K. says:

oh ewww I can’t swim with the fishes either!

Miles certain is a brave one isn’t he?

9. Laura K. says:

Alene, you need to have a quick shutter speed. If you don’t know how to do it manually or your camera isn’t an SLR then look for an action setting on your camera!

10. Karen says:

Wow, they look like they are having fun! :)
    As for exercise, any day that I CONSIDER doing exercise counts as actually having done it! :)

11. deborah says:

yuckyuckyuckyuck……eewweeeewwwweeeww

12. Chris says:

Alene, these shots were outside in the bright sun(really, Chris? Duh…) and the Easter ones were inside where it is darker, so the shutter has to stay open longer to catch the photo, but also can make the photo blurry if the kids move at all.

13. Brigitte says:

I like swimming at the ponds because I can SEE the little fish (while, who knows what’s lurking beneath the ocean’s surface?) and no waves will sweep my baby away . . plus it’s not very crowded, at least on weekdays.

I once heard some comedian say (but I believe it is completely TRUE) that jogging can indeed add an average of two years to your lifespan . . . but you will have spent those two years jogging.

my daughter had that swimsuit last year. it is so cute. Shame she out grew it.

15. Lily says:

Love to see pigtails on your daughter! I’ve been waiting for it! :D Very cute pics!

Ewwww. I don’t like swimming with fish, either. Yuck!

17. Chris says:

brigitte,

I believe it too. Also I might just want to die two years earler.

18. jodi says:

My oldest and his girlfriend went to the swimming hole yesterday and swam until they saw 2 snakes swimming in the water. Think I’ll stay with the pool.

19. Debbie says:

Miles is adorable, as all your childre are. I just started reading you blog about a month ago. I love checking it everyday now. Miles with the haircut was so cute and the way you described it was from your heart and so kind. Seeing him with his boo boo and then jumping in the pond are great photos! Makes me want to relive my child growing up and the simple pleasures with her.

20. Mom101 says:

I am glad I am not the only person who is freaked out by fish.

21. Carrie says:

We’ve been in the water a lot this summer too! I can’t imagine living somewhere where this wasn’t possible.

But those fish, they would keep me out of the water also. Either that, or I’d go in wearing hip-waders or something equally “protective”. I’m a chicken, I know.

22. Kristen says:

hey, at least Miles was jumping OFF the rocks rather than ON the rocks. Had Ethan been there, he would have been getting staples on top of his staples. These boys.

23. poppy fields says:

Your photos are so good. I think live fish mean that the water is good and clean :)

24. Jessica says:

I remember swimming in the ocean in Saint Martin and having the fish come nibble at my legs. SO gross… like ocean pigeons. EWWW

25. Faerylandmom says:

What is it about boys? They are determined, I think, to bring in grey hairs as early as possible.

26. Karen says:

Congrats on your Bloggy Hoss win!!! :) My whole family voted for you! Keep up the great work!

27. Missy says:

Lakes, oceans, etc… yuck. Fish make love in that water. My kids could care less. I am only going in the pool in my backyard - no one makes love in there (this I’m sure of, because contrary to what you see on t.v., having sex in a pool or hot tub is much better left in fantasy. I speak from experience).

Looks like the kids had fun, though. Doubting seriously that you got to read much. Did you even bother to take a book?

28. My Minivan Is Faster Than Yours says:

The day you pulled out the shoes- totally counts!

I can’t swim with fish either, ick.

I think my kids are getting kick backs from hair dye companies because I swear they are causing all my gray hair on purpose.

30. CathyC says:

Yikes!!! Oh, I would stay out of the water too.

31. katieo says:

Delurking to Just share my opinion, but I don’t think a lake with lots of trees and green stuff growing up through the water counts as a “beach”. lol! I’m speaking as someone who grew up on “lake” beaches, (weeds, fish, unknown murkiness). Then, as an adult I finally got to go to the kind with lots and lots of sand; nice, squishy nothing-really-living-in-it sand. And not a pine tree in site!
    But hey! What do I know? To my kids, a puddle in my sandbox may as well be a beach.

Very cute kids as always! :)

32. BetteJo says:

Just ran across your blog and felt compelled to say - OMG your kids are gorgeous! At least the 2 I saw!! :)

33. Tee says:

Looks like fun for the kids but like you, I don’t like to swim in water that doesn’t contain chlorine, (although we probably don’t want to see a 20/20 report of what’s at the public pool.)… Best stick to bathtubs then ;)

34. Grim Reality Girl says:

Love, love, love your photos! How darn many mega pixels to get such clarity? Hello? WOW. The jumping one is my fav…. too fun!

35. Diane says:

Very nice pictures! Grim Reality Girl is right -they are amazingly clear. Also like the new look of your blog, by the way.

36. Beverly says: