Blogstipated

Blogstipated

August 3, 2007

That is what Busymom called it this morning and I do believe she is right.

First there was the blogging conference. Then the blogging about the blogging conference. Then the reading the blogs that blogged about the blogging conference. I am all blogged out. Even the word blog is making my head hurt. I have no compelling thoughts, or any other thoughts really, left in my head.

And really the more reading I do, the less I feel like I was actually there. I am not sure that even makes sense, but there you go. So many people I planned to talk to but ran out of time.

So while I have no brain cells left, I do have blueberries. Lots and lots of blueberries.

Blueberries

The kids picked them. Eating ten for every one that made it into the bucket.

picking blueberries

I’m going to dig out that book, Blueberries for Sal, and see if I can convince them all to come inside where it is less than 5000 degrees. And I’m not exaggerating about the heat at all. Seriously, I think my face has melted off.

Comments

1. Stephanie says:

They look so delicious. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could can the heat & use it next winter?

2. Mark says:

So you’ve just given me the mental image of a puddle of face and an eye patch :-) Now I know how Frosty the Pirate/Snowman looks on a hot sultry, summer day. Enjoy your weekend!

3. Kris says:

Whatever. I live in Phoenix. You wanna talk about the heat?

4. Chris says:

Kris,

But I bet you are smart and have air conditioning. I don’t have it. And I am a weak delicate flower that is withering in this heat.

5. Alissa says:

mmm… blueberries… and fortunately for you, blogstipation is likely less painful than well, you know.

6. Esme says:

We have huge, scrubby blackberry canes all over our property, so I make a lot of jam. I love blueberries, though, and wish we had some blueberry bushes. Mostly because they don’t have thorns.

7. sarcastic journalist says:

wow…blueberries here were at the beginning of June. You crazy Yanks are far behind.

8. Barb Cooper says:

Wait, did you GROW those? Are they honestly growing where you live?? I’m just… I’m in awe. We can’t grow anything in our soil that is remotely edible except Rosemary and I have the biggest freaking rosemary bush I’ve ever seen. So, in addition to new refidgerator envy and going to blogher envy, now I have farm envy.

Sigh. And here (Austin, TX) we have heat AND humidity. And mosquitoes the size of Brazil. But we do, indeed, have air conditioning or I think I would have to MOVE.

9. Barb Cooper says:

Apparently, I’m not blogstipated but I have lost the ability to proof read, not to mention SPELL. I’m sorry about the typos… GAK.

10. Belinda says:

OMG, I LOVED “Blueberries For Sal!” The line drawings were amazing, and I haven’t seen a copy in at least 30 years! Must get for Bella, who is now just reading entire books BY HERSELF, after only being introduced to the concept, via The Electric Company, about a month ago. Easy Reader rocks the house. I wonder what she’ll be doing in pre-K this year?

11. elasticwaistbandlady says:

I took my merry band of mini-Infidels blueberry picking last month! We’ve been gorging ourselves on the little blue balls ever since. Wait, that didn’t sound appropriate at all. Also, no comment on how many times my youngest asked me if having blue poop was normal.

12. elasticwaistbandlady says:

We Picked A Peck Of Purple Perfection!

13. Kira says:

Man. I love blueberries. I yearn for freshly picked blueberries. Maybe then my kids would EAT them, instead of GLARING at them. Hey, it worked with raspberries…mostly.
    They don’t grow here, though. I mean, you CAN grow them, but you have to put them in planters with totally different soil, and then water them with a touch of vinegar added…and hope they don’t get too much local rain.
    In other words, you buy the damn things.
    *sigh*

14. Nikki says:

Man, I’m trying to get mine to go back OUTSIDE for awhile! They’re driving me batty! The end-of-summer doldrums have hit and I may have to string them up by their stinky-cuz-they’re-boys’ toes!
    At least you get blueberries out of the deal :)

15. Jessica says:

LOL try living in Guam ;) I love blueberries!

16. daring one says:

I found this problem last year after BlogHer. Not the face melting part, but the part about the b-word.

17. Sueb0b says:

I KNOW! I ate dinner with you, and I don’t even feel like we spent any time together. It was all such a zippy rocket ride through the weekend.

I love me some blueberries. My favorite way to eat them is straight up, no fooling around.

18. bonnie says:

Kerplink, kerplank, kerplunk! We love McCloskey’s ONE MORNING IN MAINE and TIME OF WONDER, too.

So, blueberries cure blogstipation? I only wish I knew this a few years ago. Perhaps I wouldn’t have quit so many times.

19. Holly Smith says:

We used to live on a blueberry farm in Texas and found that homemade blueberry syrup is great on pancakes! I was only 23 years old and not a very good cook, but still I could do it! It was easy.

Glad you’re back from the blogger conference! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Holly

20. Holly Smith says:

Oh, and by the way, Colorado weather is wonderful and we have no biting bugs where we live. Come and see!!

The blueberries look awesome and so does the cobbler. I wish our local blueberries looked like this. And in your back yard? Double bonus!

But oh my, 95 degrees in your house? How do you do it? I would be sitting outside in a small pool filled with ice & water all day if I had no air conditioning. I live in Arizona, and holy carp is it hot here!

22. Opal Tribble says:

Blueberries are my daughters favorite fruit. We have them growing in our garden.

23. single mom with tiny tot says:

totally agree about the blogstipation. although, i think maybe blogarrhea would be more fitting.

oh, and totally agree about the whole face melting off thing.

oh, and did i mention i still feel like an idiot for not looking you up while there? i got stupidly star-struck. is that crazy?

24. CaliforniaGrammy says:

We love blueberries, too. Have just picked from the six bushes our neighbor planted three years ago, so now we have some close by. In the past we’ve picked from a U-Pick farm in town and only have to pay $4 per GALLON! So much better than the exorbitant prices in the grocery store. So we freeze a bunch and they last all year! Your bushes look fabulous, and that precious little Miles is such a serious picker! How many goes in his mouth compared to how many in the bucket?