I am sending myself to time out

I am sending myself to time out

August 13, 2007

A month ago I refilled my son’s prescription like I do every 90 days. And have done every 90 days for the past 3 years.

Guess whose dr wrote it out for 30 days this time. And guess when my son let me in on this information? If you guessed when he took his 30th pill, you would be correct. Even though I was just at the pediatrician’s office on Friday.

And guess whose pediatrician is on vacation this week?

And guess how many hours I have been sitting here next to my phone waiting to find out if the on-call pediatrician will write a prescription for me? Did you guess 4 hours? Because that would be correct.

And as mad as I am at the doctor’s office I am more angry with myself. This was the first time EVER that I gave Rob the prescriptions when they came in the mail and asked him to send them off to the mail away pharmacy. And I did not check them before handing the envelope to Rob. And then when the medication arrived I didn’t check the quantity. I am not sure why I didn’t. I always do.

That’ll teach you a lesson, Chris.

Also, I am wondering why one of the workers at my neighbor’s house is throwing up on their driveway right in full view of the windows on this side of my house.

Comments

1. Karen says:

{{{ HUGS }}}

Sounds very frustrating. I hope you’ll get a new prescription today. Very soon!

Karen

2. Fold My Laundry Please says:

I hate dealing with trying to get prescriptions renewed over the phone! No fun!

And, ewwwww! Puke!

3. hello insomnia says:

I would be fuming, too. And equally upset at the full-vomit view.

4. Anna says:

What a headache, my mail order pharmacy will contact my doctor for new prescriptions when mine run out. Of course I always have a full supply when the doctor decides to change the strength or dosage!

5. liza says:

Hang-over?

6. Phoenix says:

He’s got ADHD right? I feel for you. Hopefully the fake Doc will come thru.

Throwing up? Ewwwwww. My guess, he’s drunk. It’s Monday, so maybe he had too much fun this weekend.

7. Becca says:

I’ve run into this with my prescriptions, which all need to be mail order. I don’t know if yours is the same, but mine will pay for an emergency 14 day supply (from a local pharmacy) while you wait for the new prescription to be mailed back and forth.

Best of luck, I hate waiting for doctors to call back.

I was totally feeling for you until I got to the vomiting. And then I just laughed.

Still feeling for you. But now laughing, too.

9. Christine says:

I don’t know what they can do if you use mail-away exclusively, but CVS will give you a couple to get you by until you can get it straighted out with the doctor.

At least you’re not bored as you sit by the phone.

10. Not The Mama says:

First of all…ew! I hope the worker is okay, but … ugh.

Secondly, what a PITA. I’m sorry the universe conspired to create this prescription debacle. I’ve spent four hours on the phone today too (getting estimates from moving companies) and it sucks. But at least my boredom is mostly stessfree. I hope you get this all worked out soon!

11. Lottifish says:

Eeewwww! How gross. At least it’s not on your driveway though, right?

Secondly, I think they should pay for this prescription since they wrote it wrong. Tell them you’d like a refund ;)

12. Ginny says:

Sorry about the meds. Very frustrating! I once had a constuction worker pee in the street in front of my house (he wasn’t working for us!) and then wash up at MY hose! At least he washed up, right?

13. Daisy says:

I’ve had similar situations with meds. The latest was my doc’s nurse asking why I was asking for a refill so “early”. Um, allowing time for the mail order pharmacy and planning ahead by two weeks is early?!

14. Debbie H says:

BTDT as well. Thankfully I was able to get a short prescription til the mail order came in. Hang in there.

15. nancy says:

Is he bouncing off the walls yet chris????? That’ll teach ya!!!!HAHALOL!(just kidding you have my sympathy dear)

16. Karen Vogel says:

The vomiting worker? Just God’s way of letting you know that someone is having an even worse day than you are…

Stop beating yourself up - whoever said that you couldn’t ever make a mistake? We are all much too hard on ourselves.

17. Crisanne says:

What Karen said…

I’m too tired to come up with my own reply.

18. MsRebecca says:

Oh gosh sorry about the perscrip. issue, that sucks!

And I am a

19. MsRebecca says:

Emetophobe- I have a fear of vomit.. I don’t even like typing the word to be quite honest, Hope the doc comes through

20. mimbles says:

Hope you got the script sorted out, what a pain!

What’s the weather like? Earlier this year one of the guys who was cutting down a tree for us on a hot and humid day ended up with heatstroke and was throwing up in our garden, it was kind of freaky, we were really worried about him.

21. Chris says:

Heatstroke or hangover would be my guess.

22. carrie says:

Maybe the worker took your son’s meds and ate all of them, thus causing the vomit? Okay, I’ll settle my imagination down now.

Good luck with those meds, and the being on hold thing - not fun. Not fun at all.

23. Brigitte says:

That’s why I still go to the pharmacy every month, instead of the mail-order route . . of course, our pharmacy is only 15 minutes away and I’m only dragging one kid with me. And I found we STILL can be ripped off, they only put 28 pills in my husband’s 30-pill prescription last time. Grrr. I’m counting it out in front of them next time.

24. Christine says:

We ran out of Zoloft for my daughter one time … over the weekend. It’s a therapeutic level drug, so in theory, she could go a day or two without it and not experience too many side effects.

The reality is that she has Tourettes and OCD and many of her issues are mind-over-matter. She didn’t get her little green pills. That’s all that mattered. No green pills!

There was no sleep, vomitting from stomach acid upset, multiple facets of freaking out. A lovely weekend, in general.

25. Paula says:

I don’t know how you can be blogging while someone is puking in your view. That would completely set me off to puking. I can barely contain that impulse when I have to take care of my sick children, but there is no way I could hold back if someone else was doing that in front of me.

What a pain about the prescriptions. I spent the first half of yesterday on the phone with doctors and online to get new prescriptions to send to our new mail-order pharmacy now that we’re on DH’s insurance instead of my old insurance. It was all so confusing and annoying.

26. brooke says:

ha ha. i’ve done that. except i ran out of rubifen (ritalin isn’t available in new zealand) during a long weekend, in the middle of exams, when my doctor was on holiday. i ended up in an ER, getting an emergency presrciption. and i had the shakes really bad.
    these things are always funnier in retrospect.